Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will throwovers scratch the paint/finish on the rear fender? Have any of you put down some sort of protective covering? If so, what and where did you find it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Another option would be to go to a vinyl shop or body shop and have clear mylar put on. A little more expensive, but works very well.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Or best option if the bags are large enough just bolt them on to the bike.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or best option if the bags are large enough just bolt them on to the bike.
I'm wishing now I would have gone with the hard mounts. Oh well. Maybe next year.

The yokes on the Willie and Max throwovers I got have a felt-like material on the bottom. So I don't think they will cause any scratches.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have throw overs that came with the bike. They have scratched up the fender but since it is under the seat I am not too worried about it (not much point to worry now) 3M makes a product specificly for this. Many people use it for invisible car hood protection.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have throw overs that came with the bike. They have scratched up the fender but since it is under the seat I am not too worried about it (not much point to worry now) 3M makes a product specificly for this. Many people use it for invisible car hood protection.
This is the "Mylar" I was referring to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts