Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an issue with my throttle sticking tonight I was on it pretty hard going up a hill and it was sticky decelerating Popped it once and it was fine 2012 classic 2600 miles cobra pipes cobra intake and computer.

any thoughts?

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
U may need to lube cables
+1 on this. I would lube the cables and see if that helps. I had similar issues on my 800 and a little squirt of lithium grease between the bar and the throttle sleeve was the answer after lubing the cables. If after all that it doesn't help, then it's time to look at the throttle body.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would look at the hose most people marble. when you put the cobra intake on, they give you a little billet breather for the hose. I noticed when I installed mine it was rubbing on the lever, slowing the throttle return. I had to move the little breather.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am sorry I am new at this I did not put the cobra air cleaner on it was done by a local shop by the previous owner I am not sure what marble means ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took a good look at the bike and found a tube with a chrome filter in the end of it resting on the throttle where it is connected to the return that part that goes into the throttle body I tucked it to the left behind the air cleaner so it will stay out of the way I don't know if this is the cause of the problem but it should not be resting on the throttle

·
Registered
45 Posts
I completely agree, it shouldn't be resting on the throttle body. I plan on either shortening, or putting a longer hose on there so it wont be near the throttle.
I hope that fixed your problem.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh I intend to have the bike checked out

·
Registered
235 Posts
I took a good look at the bike and found a tube with a chrome filter in the end of it resting on the throttle where it is connected to the return that part that goes into the throttle body I tucked it to the left behind the air cleaner so it will stay out of the way I don't know if this is the cause of the problem but it should not be resting on the throttle
That is the crankcase breather hose. Just shorten it and remember to clean that filter when you change your oil.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what is the best way to clean the crankcase breather filter?

·
Registered
729 Posts
what is the best way to clean the crankcase breather filter?
With a cleaner off the bike.:D
Sorry could not help it:rolleyes: Some filters are made to be cleaned, others replaced. I would think any water based degreaser would work just fine. Like the one you would use to clean your Main filter element. K&N type? their cleaner and oil will last a lifetime. I have owed a cleaner/oil kit for more than 20yrs. With three rigs using it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts