Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, February 2015
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slowly starting to ride again this year. Been cold up this way. Over the winter i added a Cobra Power flo intake and a Cobra Power Pro f2000 to my already existing V&H slah/staggered pipes. I've noticed, on the few short rides i have been on so far, that sometimes when i roll off the throttle the bike doesn't seem to respond in kind by decellerating immediately. This only happened a few times when i was rolling on the throttle and then released it. Any ideas as to what I should be looking into? It doesn't happen all the time but when it does, it just doesn't feel right. When you let off on the throttle you expect the bike to respond immediately and in these instances, it doesn't. Thoughts anyone??

·
Registered
156 Posts
is your throttle cable sticking? Might want to lube the cable at both ends.

·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured it out. When I installed the Cobra Power flo I was supposed to take this breather line (not exactly sure what it's for) and have it positioned to the rear and up out of the way. Well it wasn't properly secured and it drooped over to where your throttle cable connects down by the engine and was getting intermittently snagged on the throttle mechanism when it was moving. So glad it was minor. Could have turned into an undesireable situation though.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
... and was getting intermittently snagged on the throttle mechanism when it was moving. So glad it was minor. Could have turned into an undesireable situation though.
Did you happen to check if any of the cable wires were damaged? Hopefully not but it would be worth checking.

·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everything looks fine. I was checking the cables when I deiscovered the problem. Lucked out on this one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts