Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently purchase a new 2013 Voyager. I only have 70 miles on it but haven't noticed a throttle lag. When does this seem to occur? Does everyone with this bike have it?

Duplicate post somehow. Sorry.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Yes... it's a side-effect of the fly-by-wire throttle. Most of us have either bought grips modified by Ray (see the "Throttle modification" thread with 690+ posts in it) or a machined part from Dave Shellenberger (on Ebay)... or like I've done, just modified the throttle myself with a piece of PVC pipe, some superglue, and a Dremel. (Google "quick turn throttle mod").

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Peg. At least it doesn't sound serious.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
When you crank the throttle open full throttle around 35mph in 4th you will notice it.

Having properly adjusted throttle cables will help some. RacnRay has a good thread on how to adjust the cables.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you crank the throttle open full throttle around 35mph in 4th you will notice it.

Having properly adjusted throttle cables will help some. RacnRay has a good thread on how to adjust the cables.
Thanks. I've seen threads mentioning RacnRay's throttle mod. I may be interested in that if I notice the problem too often.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts