Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed, cleaned and re-jetted the carbs on my 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan en500. I followed the instructions in the Kawasaki manual to adjust the cables. I loosened both cables as much as possible. I tried adjusting he decelerator cable first as the manual says, but when I finished I had only about 30 degrees of throttle turn before hitting the stop/cable guide in the throttle housing. Then I tried adjusting the accelerator cable first same result. It almost seems that the accelerator cable grew 1/4" inch after I removed the carbs. No I do not have the cables crossed. When I twist the throttle to gas it, it does open the throttle but only about thirty degrees. I took the carbs back out and looked to see how far the butterfly moved, and it is not nearly 1/2 throttle. So I'm stuck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I worked out the problem. The cables were connected wrong on both ends. I don't know how the shop that worked on it before adjusted them, but I didn't disconnect the cables at the throttle housing before I reconnected them at the carbs. It occurred to me today that could be the problem and sure enough that was it. Thanks for taking time to answer me. Have a blessed day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts