Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked in the owners manual. I've looked in the service manual. I even took off the air-cleaner and looked at the throttle body. No periodic throttle-body synchronizations required. Right? I am loving this bike more and more every day.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Correct...there is no "synchronization" for the two cylinders on the VN900. If the fuel injection system detects a problem, the "FI" indicator LED on the instrument cluster will stay lit.

I remember synchronizing carbs on my Yamaha Maxim (inline 4; 4 carbs; actuated in a 2 + 2 throttle linkage arrangement) back in the day - 2 vacuum gauges and 2 small screwdrivers - attempting to match the vacuum of each bank of carbs.

When you pull and inspect the spark plugs on the VN900, you can observe the running condition of each cylinder - the plugs should be pretty close in colour...although some folks find that the rear cylinder runs a tad hotter than the front cylinder...but this is "normal" for a V-Twin in this configuration. This cylinder temperature difference is, of course, more pronounced on an air-cooled bike.

Ride & enjoy.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the FI setup on this bike. On the Star950 I was looking at when buying this VN900, the Star still required 4K throttle body sync's. I don't mind doing it... I'd just rather not have to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts