Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I'm now up to three motorcycles, all of them the same color. Just like my truck. I've had black vehicles and a black bike before and now I'm on a new kick.

Anyway, I still have my Tiger, my son is getting a pitbike next month for his birthday (not pictured), and I just picked up a Yamaha XT250 so I have a smaller bike I can follow him around on while he learns. It's street legal so I can take it anywhere, which I plan to.

With big brother:

Not getting rid of the Tiger, but the XT will be for trail riding, rougher stuff, and father/son riding. It's a 2008 so I'm going to change the fluids, plug, and maybe tires, but it runs fine. Really easy to ride. Can't wait to take it to some of the parks we have around here.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
gb,, guess the guys are waiting for pix of that 3rd bike b4 chiming in w/comments? but does look like a nice stable of ponies to run around on. poncho

·
Registered
702 Posts
Graybush, how funny it is to see this thread pop up. I just came from my local Kawi dealer where I was buying parts for the Yamaha dirt bike. They had a bike just like yours and also a 200 with the wider tires. It's the first time I saw one and I was very impressed. Would be great for me on the trails and being street legal is a huge plus. Be sure to let us know what you think of it when you settle in.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
They had a bike just like yours and also a 200 with the wider tires. It's the first time I saw one and I was very impressed. Would be great for me on the trails and being street legal is a huge plus. Be sure to let us know what you think of it when you settle in.
bh, yammie TW200 is a great skoot for fire trails and beer runs. have wanted this for a while. by time I pull the trigger, its likely to be an All Electric version.
Fatt Tyre bikes are plain phunn! and theyr good on the beach sand.. poncho

Attachments

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Good looking bikes!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gb,, guess the guys are waiting for pix of that 3rd bike b4 chiming in w/comments? but does look like a nice stable of ponies to run around on. poncho
Number 3 is a 50cc pitbike for my son. He'll get it on his birthday in a couple of weeks, but for now it's hidden and covered up in the back of the shed so he doesn't see it. Once it comes out, I'm sure I'll have many pics and videos of us together.

murquiza said:
Zero Kawasakis? I feel sorry for you, :p

Mine: Four bikes all Kawasakis
Nice group you have! Great variety! I looked at several bikes, including a Kawasaki KLX250S and a Yamaha TW200. Both were overpriced, especially the KLX since the handlebars were noticeably bent and it had several parts broken off. Luck shined on me with the XT so I snapped it up.

Blockhead said:
Graybush, how funny it is to see this thread pop up. I just came from my local Kawi dealer where I was buying parts for the Yamaha dirt bike. They had a bike just like yours and also a 200 with the wider tires. It's the first time I saw one and I was very impressed. Would be great for me on the trails and being street legal is a huge plus. Be sure to let us know what you think of it when you settle in.
I've done some trail riding on the Tiger but that thing is a top heavy beast so now I mainly stick to unpaved roads on it instead. Pushing both bikes around the driveway really reinforces where each one will be best.

Romans5.8 said:
Good looking bikes!
Thanks. I can't wait to see some shots of your Vaquero.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Thanks. I can't wait to see some shots of your Vaquero.
You and me both. Salesman was supposed to check the warehouse today to see if it's in yet. This is a HUGE dealer (they sell every major brand. HD, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, KTM, Aprilla, Ducati, Indian, you name it. And they have separate sections for most brands. HD has it's own building and Indian has it's own 'wing' of the Metric building). They have a separate warehouse, apparently an old grocery store, with about 1,000 bikes in it. That's also where deliveries come. So they listed mine online (how I found it) BEFORE it arrived at the warehouse from Kawasaki (It's a 2014 leftover but it's still in a crate in a Kawasaki warehouse somewhere; Ma Kaw was evidently looking for dealers wanting to really fire-sale 'em). So they are supposed to be 'watching' for it so that when it comes in, it gets promptly assembled and taken down to the showroom down the street. Can't wait! They are saying this week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts