Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few days the pages that the threads are on are too wide to fit the screen. I can move it over and see the entire thread but poster's name is then off the left side. It does this whether or not there are pictures in the thread. The opening forum page is normal, as is the list of threads on the individual forums.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Is it the entire page or just the thread page area? Is it every thread or only certain ones? Any idea where your zoom is set at in your browser when you are seeing this wide screen? Is it at default setting?
Is it the entire page or just the thread page area? Not sure what you mean. Once I open a thread from Active topics is when every post is extended and I have to use the bottom draw bar to read.

Is it every thread or only certain ones? Every thread.

Any idea where your zoom is set at in your browser when you are seeing this wide screen? 100

Is it at default setting? I have not changed any thing but there is a button for reset browser settings.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I'm using Firefox at work with monitors turned to portrait display and have no problems. My personal laptop, also with Firefox, is working fine.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
A few things;

1) Could you guys post a screenshot; or if you don't know how, just take a picture of your screen and post it here so we can see the issue?

2) Check your browsers 'zoom' settings. It should be at 100%. It could have inadvertently been 'zoomed in' causing the issue. Likewise, if you had zoomed it in to increase text size, the same issue would happen.

3) Check your screen resolution. With LCD monitors nowadays, you want your screen resolution to be the monitors 'native' resolution; generally that's the highest resolution it can display.

4) As suggested above, try other browsers. If you don't want to use that other browser that's fine, but if the issue is isolated to just your computer on one specific browser, then it's easier to diagnose. If the issue persists on multiple browsers, then it's probably not a browser setting. As a general rule, I recommend Google Chrome or Firefox. Internet Explorer has a number of security vulnerabilities and performance issues, and is 'behind the times' in certain internet technologies. Both Firefox and Chrome will be faster and more secure. I use Chrome, personally. That said; the website should work fine in ANY browser, but I just want to throw that out there!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Same issue, but noticed one thing.

It only happens when there is a photo imbedded in one of the posts. I've scrolled down and can see the photo slowly loading. It is almost like someone has imbedded a photo a a very high resolution and the entire page won't return to normal until after the photo has completely loaded. Then everything returns to normal. I can see where this would be a real problem with a slow connection.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I don't know if I this is it, but what shape is the monitor you are using. At work my secondary monitor is a 19" dell that is "square" (keep it simple), I have to slide back and froth to view the whole page. I would say the site is more compatible with wide screen monitors. I don't have any issues at home (55" TV) or on my primary monitor at work (27" wide screen). Also I am running FF.

EDIT: I would not use the word "Issue" more along the lines of "nuisance". But it's nothing to me, just throwing out ideas.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts