Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '08 900 vulcan Classic is reaching its one year anniversary. To mark that occasion Kawasaki sent me the standard printed form regarding an extended warranty.

Has anybody purchased such a warranty? Has anyone not purchased such a warranty and a latter point wish they did?

Usually these extended warranties are a waist of money (at least with automobiles) since the cost of warranties far exceeds the *expected cost* of repairs.

*Where expected cost is not just the dollar amount, but the liklihood of needing a repair so cost being constant, less likely repairs lead to a lower expected cost.

And yes, I can actually assign a dollar amount, based on the liklihood of having a repair and still ensure a profit. Someone ask me how if you are otherwise bored.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is my third summer with my 07 900 Custom. I purchased the extended warranty and have only used it once and that was for a leaking oil seal on my front forks. Other than that my bike has 20,000 KM on it and has been great. Hind sight being 20/20, I should have passed, but it gives you peace of mind especially with the Road Side Protection that comes with it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought it with the one I bought used. I bought an 07 custom...had 2600 miles on it. I bought the 3 year extended for like $340 or something...given that I didnt purchase it...and my luck..if I hadn't bought it....somethin would have gone wrong. Now that I have it? Nothing will go wrong.....

It's really a personal preference thing I'd imagine....

I bought an extended warranty with my Cadillac.....and it paid for itself in less than 6 months with ONE problem......they fixed it free...but IF I hadn't had it?? Shewwwww...It'd have been a nice penny.....

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had the same thing with my Pontiac Montana. The extended warranty saved me a pile of money. So if you buy a GM, you should buy as much warranty as possible. The quality of a Kawasaki is a little different. Peace of Mind - buy the warranty. Reality - you're probably safe, but probably is the key word.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts