Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've noticed for a while now but don't know when it started, if I'm reading a post then hit the back button in Google, I get a message at the top of the page saying "This page is in Malay. Would you like to translate it?".

Doesn't happen all the time but so far I haven't been able to make rhyme nor reason of when or why.

What's up with that? Anyone else seeing this?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've noticed for a while now but don't know when it started, if I'm reading a post then hit the back button in Google, I get a message at the top of the page saying "This page is in Malay. Would you like to translate it?".

Doesn't happen all the time but so far I haven't been able to make rhyme nor reason of when or why.

You're not alone.
Try this: On the right side of the translate bar, click "options" then click "never translate this site"

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Not sure what Chrome is seeing. Maybe someone has a funky user name? Who knows.

Good tip on the 'never translate this page' though!

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts

Have you considered that the forum may be even more entertaining in Malay? ;) :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yeah, that Malay thing is pretty funny. At first I thought the VF webmaster was playing a cruel joke on us all by hiding secret HTML coding but then I dismissed it all as conspiracy theory and discovered it is in the way the page is constructed and being interpreted by the browser. There should be a popup that comes up and you can dismiss it completely from popping up again.

Use this to help in case you can't find the popup.

http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=173424

·
Registered
3,219 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since selecting the "never translate this site" option in the popup I've had no further occurrence of the Malay thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts