Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shortly after a British Airways flight had reached its cruising altitude, the captain announced: "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain. Welcome to Flight 293, non-stop from London Heathrow to New York . The weather ahead is good, so we should have a smooth uneventful flight. So, sit back, relax, and....OH... MY GOD!"

Silence followed.

Some moments later, the captain came back on the intercom."Ladies and Gentlemen, Im sorry if I scared you. While I was talking to you, a flight attendant accidentally spilled coffee in my lap. You should see the front of my pants!"

From the back of the plane, an Irish passenger yelled.......

"For the luva Jaysus......you should see the back of mine!"

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Quite an image. What's he doing drinking coffee by all of that electronics anyway?
Hehe. That's why they have redundant systems!

Believe it or not; most commercial airliners have cupholders and some even have tray tables for the pilots. They eat, drink, and even nap during long international flights (generally there are 3 or more pilots on a flight of that length, you don't have the same Captain and First Officer flying the airplane for the whole 15 hours!)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Airplane

Texting, too?

I'm not fond of flying, although I did fly quite a bit with a job in the 1990s. I've only flown a few times since the new security measures were in place. After an extended wait once; a place on the "special chair" in the security line once (the security person didn't believe my cosmetics were in the right size baggie, although they were); and a claustrophobic episode when two really big people opened their laptops beside me, I decided I'm better on 2 or 4 wheels on the road. I always think of the original "Airplane" movie, and I'm the one they are lining up to slap. In this day and time, I'd be thrown in the pokey. I'm better with "Wild Hogs" or "Vacation" style trips.

By the way, my husband's cosmetic baggie was twice as big as mine, and he sailed right through. However, they did confiscate his too-big bottle of sunscreen on the trip back. I felt vindicated.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Shortly after a British Airways flight had reached its cruising altitude, the captain announced: "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain. Welcome to Flight 293, non-stop from London Heathrow to New York . The weather ahead is good, so we should have a smooth uneventful flight. So, sit back, relax, and....OH... MY GOD!"

Silence followed.

Some moments later, the captain came back on the intercom."Ladies and Gentlemen, Im sorry if I scared you. While I was talking to you, a flight attendant accidentally spilled coffee in my lap. You should see the front of my pants!"

From the back of the plane, an Irish passenger yelled.......

"For the luva Jaysus......you should see the back of mine!"
That's funny right there

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
sheesh, and here I was thinking coffee would be safer than jello shots.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts