Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AND THESE PEOPLE ARE RUNNING THE COUNTRY??

For those who have never traveled to the great West, cattle guards are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings on highways to prevent cattle from crossing. For some reason the bovines will not step on the guards, probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails. We need to make that clear in order for everyone to appreciate the following story.

President Obama received a report that there were over 100,000 cattle guards in Colorado. Because Colorado ranchers protested his proposed changes in grazing policies; he ordered Secretary of Interior Ken Salazar to fire half of the guards immediately.

Before Salazar could respond, and presumably straighten him out, California's congresswoman Nancy Pelosi intervened with a request that before any were fired they be given six months of retraining.

·
Registered
129 Posts
that sounded more like a Bush thing to me LOL! :
very funny, even if not true, I could picture Bush doing this.;)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Although this is funny but false, there is a political event that you won't believe that is true. Check out the youtube entry for Georgia Democratic Rep. Hank Johnson speaking to Navy Admiral Robert Willard concerning troop movements on Guam. This fine elected official actually believes the island would capsize.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs23CjIWMgA&feature=related

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Helek, i just watched that last night. And was absolutly BAFFELED he thought that additional weight would tip an island. somebody needs to take away this guys sanity card right away.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Helek, i just watched that last night. And was absolutly BAFFELED he thought that additional weight would tip an island. somebody needs to take away this guys sanity card right away.
I agree. I can't help but wonder two things:
1) Why is this guy in office?
2) What kind of constituant base would put him there in the first place?

·
Registered
279 Posts
that sounded more like a Bush thing to me LOL! :
very funny, even if not true, I could picture Bush doing this.;)
You're kidding right ? A Texan, spending most of his life on a ranch not knowing what a cattle guard is ?

Think you meant to say a community organizer from Illinois, now living in Washington..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts