Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply Spence..... I hope I don't p o anyone, just trying to "stir" things up. I belong to another Vulcan forum and the members there "jump" in with comments constantly. I can't say I qualify as a big contributor but I like to add my $.02 once in a while. Anyway, I will continue to visit here periodically.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If there's a better forum out there, please enlighten us! I'm down with a quick response forum, but I have also found this forum very helpful and informative. Have also had the privilege of corresponding with some very cool people here and I just enjoy blogging with other vulcan enthusiasts out there. Drink the Kool-Aid man, drink the Kool-Aid!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I've been on that one before I was here, still lurk around there, but I get real tired of sifting through stuff that has nothing to do with "cruisers". For example, the 1st post after the stickies is "how nice is your cage" or something like that, what's that got to do with cruisers? Stick it in the OT section:rolleyes: Yup responses can very slow here, but with 1304 members here versus 52,600 members there, things are going to be slower. How long has that site been around? I'd bet several years, this one has been up since this past March I think. It'll get there, if folks participate. There's some great info there, if ya care to search through pages of stuff that has little or nothing to do with cruisers. I'm not po'ed, I just prefer the organization here, now if we can just get folks to participate.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very good point KsVn900. They do clump a lot of stuff together. I am getting good on scanning and looking at what interests me and discarding the rest. Thank you for the the history and facts of this site. Keep in touch...........

·
Registered
157 Posts
I also jump to the other one from time to time and i will second the fact that it dose get off track quite a bit. And people post replys just to post with things like 1+. Dont get me wrong the info over there is good it just takes a while to plow through sometimes

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yea, that site is in definite need of some organization. I'm sure there is plenty of good information on there, but that personal stuff should be in a separate section. I don't get on these forums to chat it up, I get on here so I can try to help people and get some help for myself too. I didn't take what you said personal, you're right. This forum does move very slow, but I've seen it pick up in the last few months and I believe it will only get better.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like KsVn900 said, when membership rises so will the contributions and responses. I should have known that before I made my original statement but it seems to have "worked" a little :).........

·
Registered
60 Posts
LOL yeah it seems to be a bit slow in here, but when you do get a response, it is good and related to the actual question you asked. No thread hijacking lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like this place, it answers all of my questions through a search, the people are friendly and not quick to flame (been a member of pirate4x4 since 2004, if only you knew).

A forum, like a bike, is only as good as the sum of its parts...members being the parts on a forum. With 9 posts and one of them being a whine about how slow this site is, makes me wonder what exactly it is you are looking for, maybe less bike related and more social oriented ? Ifso, its not the site that is unsuitable now is it?

Mind you, i havent posted much either, but then again i put 3500 k on my bike in a month, guess i was too busy riding.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
(been a member of pirate4x4 since 2004, if only you knew).
ROTFLMAO!!! I'm all to familiar with Pirate, that place is insane, better invest in an industrial duty asbestos suit before posting there. I used to lurk there alot, their tech info for rockcrawlin' and rig building is one of the best though. I was into rockcrawlin' for the last 10 years, got bored with it and got back into bikes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Remember Charlie Wenzel? bwahahahah

Yeah thick skin is more mandatory then a rig there, but i dig it, learned more off that site, especially BillaVista's writeups and such.

Only 10 years? part timer haha

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like this place, it answers all of my questions through a search, the people are friendly and not quick to flame (been a member of pirate4x4 since 2004, if only you knew).

Whoa dude... Look who's flameing who? Go back and see how I appoligzed in advance if anyone took my original post the wrong way. "MayhemInc", indeed. Happy Holiday's and Happy New Year.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I think it was just a comparison between here and P4x4, not directed at anyone. Even though your original post in this thread was a tad harsh(I wasn't offended though)I think it got some pretty good results. I think we've got a good discussion going.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Whoa dude... Look who's flameing who? Go back and see how I appoligzed in advance if anyone took my original post the wrong way. "MayhemInc", indeed. Happy Holiday's and Happy New Year.
I assure you that was not a flame, had it have been a flame you would be reaching for a spatula to lift your chin off the ground lol.

You offered an opinion and i offered one back...as in any fair public forum your opinion is just as relevant as anyone else's, including mine. No malice was intended in my post nor do i feel there is any, i simply offered a different perspective.

By creating this thread however, it does contradict your primary statement, as it sure did liven things up around here hehe.

Happy Holiday's and Happy New Year, indeed.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I gotta admit though i do like that the models on here are separate instead of being all grouped together. I like having the 900's in their own forum section. I don't care to read about the 1500's and the V2K's cuz i don't have one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like an active forum because I need information on my bike. What fails on yours is something I will watch out for. Last year I had an old yamaha Virago, the forum I was on there solved most of my problems because I was able watch for the issues. and boy did it have a lot.

I was hoping the slow forum was just because there were so few problems with the vulcan

1 - 20 of 33 Posts