Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
The kit has been out for a while but I haven't heard of any reviews. Where you ride would be a big part of the decision. I was in Wash. DC yesterday, a suicide run, and if my bike took up any more space or wasn't as nibble in traffic I would have toast. I think the 18deg is probably a bit much but the 9 or 14 wouldn't be bad if most of the riding was out in the open.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I've seen these before, but don't know of any reviews.

I really like the looks of the 14°, but i'm with Baitis... in traffic, the 9 would be better handling.

If you decide to go with the kit, i'd be really interested in what you thought.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I've got a guy that rides an Iron Horse chopper with a looooooong old nose on it. Still, you wouldn't know it by the way he handles it.

Ok, maybe not exactly the traffic commuter but Damn Sexy.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I like the 14 deg but it couldn't be a daily driver through rush hour traffic. If you have to go places with exits on both the left and right sides of the highway it's all out warfare moving across 4 lanes of bumper-bumper traffic. Sometimes small is better, but this is a good reason to buy a second bike.

·
Registered
711 Posts
On another forum I've seen mixed reviews. If I recall correctly one bad review was the stability at highway speeds not been so smooth.

I'm not a big fan of this kits on a 900 but to each his own. In my opinion the 900 is to fat for this kit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was debating getting one of these, likely with the 9° rake, the 18° seems excessive.

The fat tire kit from meancycles is going on first though!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i already have the fat tire kit,,, i really want the extensions , not something to exagerated probably the middle one, but i dont want it to threw the bike riding abality away, i mean i do alot of city riding so yeah. but i also heard that its all in your head and u get use to it pretty quick , thanks though for all ur opinions

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had a 13degree chopper kit with 8" over-stock tubes. Great looking bike!! There was definitely a little learning that had to take place, but it was a short class. Parking lot maneuvers were the main issue to be worked on and in no time at all, I was flipping my 1400 Suzuki intruder all around just like stock. Never laid it down or lost control--at any speed. Not even 115 on multiple occasions. In fact, it actually felt like the bike preferred going in a straight line more, AFTER the conversion.
I WILL be going to a chopper kit eventually... Just takes a little money!!:D

ps- and i did all the work in my garage.. just took a little patience!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
sorry I haven't posted pics... been busy... I'm workin on posting them right now...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think i did this right... there should be 2 chopper pics here... If not, then go to my gallery and they should be there as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
What does kits remind me off is the 80s ghetto fabbed up chopper wanna-be's..yuuuuuuuuuuck but each to their own..sumo x however does make a nicer kit...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts