Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Your 900 will have no issues pulling a trailer .... I have 2 well documented trips totaling around 6000 miles each pulling a trailer from Simcoe Ontario to the US mid west ... up mountains to over 13000 ft above sea level (wolf pass CO.) 2 up loaded. My trailer is a piggybacker, spring suspension with a cruiser customising hitch .... the bike copes just fine....

here is a link for the hitch .... KAWASAKI 900 CC Vulcan Classic 2006-2009 Hidden-removable hitch

With out saying, braking distances are larger ( apply the rear first and allow the bike to "set" and then apply the front. I could tour all day (600 mile plus) in temps up to 117 F with out any issues.

Type "trailer" into the search mode for past threads on this issue.

·
Registered
127 Posts
whiting57,

how many miles you got on the ODO now....

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I sold the bike in the spring this year .... actually I traded my Vulcan and my ninja 650 .... I now have a versys 650 ... the bike will do fine, it weighs in at 640 lbs ... me and the misses 300 combined, the trailer was around 150 lbs plus our gear 150 lbs ... that's around 1240 lbs rolling down the road .... with no issues what so ever ....around 15000 miles of towing, total.

BTW ....my classic drive train was stock except for a 200 rear tire and a [email protected] air filter.

do a search in the "rides section" ... whiting57 is bustin bugs ... this will give you a real good idea of the bikes capabilities when towing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts