Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
but don't want something so loud that the fillings rattle out of my teeth and everyone elses within a 100 yards. But, I would like more noise than the stock pipes and don't want to hack the stockers just in case I tire of the louder pipes.

I sort of prefer the throaty rumble and roar rather than the sharp, hard cackle. While there is no doubt a fair difference compared to a VN2K, I drove a VN900 with what I think were Cobra Shorts and they were too much for me.

With the above in mind, how are the Vance & Hines Powershots?

·
Registered
240 Posts
from what ive read, power shots are pretty damn loud.
i just bought the roadburner streetpros on ebay, 299.00 tax/shipping included.
They can be loud depending on how agressive you are with your right hand. but at highway cruise they soud great. nice, deep and smooth sounding.

·
Registered
148 Posts
sound clip motorhead? I would love to hear what sort of sound you are getting as I am thinking of replacing mine as well. Seems exhaust doesnt like coca cola spilled on it! What an excuse to change my exhaust eh? heehee!

·
Registered
148 Posts
but don't want something so loud that the fillings rattle out of my teeth and everyone elses within a 100 yards. But, I would like more noise than the stock pipes and don't want to hack the stockers just in case I tire of the louder pipes.

I sort of prefer the throaty rumble and roar rather than the sharp, hard cackle. While there is no doubt a fair difference compared to a VN2K, I drove a VN900 with what I think were Cobra Shorts and they were too much for me.

I strongly recomend Cobra 2 into 1 retain more power than any 2 into 2 and you can modify the sound to suit you O YEAH they look great.
Bare

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the Powershots are essentially a 2 into 1 pipe, but with dual outlets. The Powershots have this "power chamber" system.

Power Chamber exhaust system featuring race inspired crossover technology. The Power Chamber delivers the power and performance advantages of a 2-into-1 race system, yet keeps the intimidating look of a 2-into-2 drag pipe. As shown in the illustration, the Power Chamber utilizes a proprietary crossover, which maximizes the volume of both mufflers to improve scavenging of each cylinder for more efficient combustion.

http://www.vanceandhines.com/technology.html

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
RoadHouse Brand 2in1

wru'str, best pipe system for sound and added tork is the roadhouse brand 2in1 system. plenty of back pressure so you dont need to add a fuel mgr. very low deep throaty rumble w/no barking. check em out for yourself.
I have had many pipe systems on many bikes and conclude a 2in1 system is best for a vtwin motor. I have had v&h, cobras, rineharts and roadhouse. hands down, the roadhouse is supreme.

www.roadhousebrand.com -

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not too sure I groove on the appearance of that Roadhouse 2-into-1 for the Vulcan.

Ever heard the Roadhouse slip-ons? How do they stack up sound-wise?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Not too sure I groove on the appearance of that Roadhouse 2-into-1 for the Vulcan. Ever heard the Roadhouse slip-ons? How do they stack up sound-wise?
I agree, the roadhouse is not the best looking pipe...just the best performing. I dont have personal experience with the slip ons. Others have said they are awesome. from my experience w/roadhouse, I would trust it is true. but do diligent research... or suffer like so many of us have done w/poor choices. out, ponch

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pipes arrived today while I was home for lunch. Now the problem is that no Kawi dealer within a 100-mile radius has the crush gaskets, and they'll take a week to get here.

Any thoughts on whether or not I'll have trouble of some sort if I try to reuse the ones on the bike? The bike has < 2,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
fLIP GASKET

Pipes arrived today while I was home for lunch. Now the problem is that no Kawi dealer within a 100-mile radius has the crush gaskets, and they'll take a week to get here.

Any thoughts on whether or not I'll have trouble of some sort if I try to reuse the ones on the bike? The bike has < 2,000 miles on it.
For now flip the gasket and put flat washers behind the acorn nuts you may never need to change them.
Done it many many times
Bare

·
Registered
305 Posts
Love my Cobra pipes

Here is a pic of my Cobra pipes for anyone else that may be looking to put pipes on and is inquiring on how they look and sound. Cobras are not too loud untill your on the highway and give them a crack. I think these look great on the classic. By the way, I have a new set of the crush gaskets unused. I bought them when I put on my new pipes when bike only had 500mi on it and was able to use original gaskets so I still have them. It would probably take the same time to get to you as ordering them anyway.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i reused my stockers and had 12.5k miles on em.

make sure you get the clamp the hold the flange to the port flat before you tighten the nuts. and i didnt use any extra washers either.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Installed, tested, and APPROVED!! :cool:

Pretty mellow just crusing or easy on the gas, but snorts good when you give it the jam. Ophidia's description is pretty much right on, IMO.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Installed, tested, and APPROVED!! :cool:

Pretty mellow just crusing or easy on the gas, but snorts good when you give it the jam. Ophidia's description is pretty much right on, IMO.
Are you using any type of fuel processor? Any popping or backfiring? And how did you make out with the gaskets. Did you get new ones or reuse the old ones?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts