Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, a week or two ago my throttle cable snapped while riding. So, I took this as an opportunity to change the old sporckets and chain as well. All the parts came in today and I think I may have ordered the wrong throttle cable. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007S2Q8MM?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title
I’m thinking that I may have ordered the closing cable instead of the opening cable. It says that it is the “push” cable so, I assumed that meant it pushed the valve shut. Is there any difference between the two cables? Could I install this cable in my bike? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
If the cable that broke does not open the throttle valves now then it was the PULL cable. The attachment and mount points are different between the two cables.

Sorry.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the cable that broke does not open the throttle valves now then it was the PULL cable. The attachment and mount points are different between the two cables.

Sorry.
I guess i'll be replacing both cables. Thanks for the heads up before I took everything apart. That would've be a rude awakening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts