Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I like my Nomad 1700.
I like the open-ness and am ok with the Spartan equipment vs a Voyager.
But I wish it had the Gauges on the handle bars and not the tank.
It would seem preferable to keep eyes on the road. This seems like a slightly dangerous knod to traditionalist's (Harley-isation)
I may get a aftermarket tach, or may even consider a Voyager.
My $0.02

·
END OF YEAR BIKE 2018 Winner
862 Posts
I was thinking on my last ride that it is a little odd that they would put the instrument cluster down on the tank so that the rider has to look downward to view them.

I'm sure you're right. That Harley look surely inspired that decision.

But...I love my bike, so I guess it's ok.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I thought that in 07 when I got my VN900. Now that I have a Vaquero I find that having the gages up high causes them to be more of a distraction. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but right now I find that I spend way too much time checking them.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought that in 07 when I got my VN900. Now that I have a Vaquero I find that having the gages up high causes them to be more of a distraction. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but right now I find that I spend way too much time checking them.
Steve
That's an interesting point.
Convenient looks can lead to too much looks.
My previous bikes 08 Superglide, 03 Victory V92c had handlebar gauges, but we're minimalistic. Maybe the amount of info can be a distraction also.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Well, my instruments are all up on the handlebars where I like them. To be an 80's design, I think I have a fairly decent set of instruments. However, I would have had Kawi add a voltage meter to the otherwise complete set of instruments.

The 750 has an anemic charging system and that seems like a no-brainer , but.....

By far the single biggest change I would make though is more fuel capacity. A 3.8 gallon fuel tank is way too small.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gladiator

I especially like this part

But...I love my bike, so I guess it's ok.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The instrument cluster on the bars would be great. I have always had them there, and I hate looking down at my speedometer, especially with a full face helmet. Also, a tachometer would have been nice. Otherwise, I love the bike.

Dan

·
Registered
279 Posts
My Classic is my first ever cruiser with a tank mounted speedo. My Classic does have an add-on tach mounted at the handlebar center, which is closer to my field of view when riding. On all my bikes (three BMW twins) I eventually tune my hearing to the engine sounds at highway speeds. So over time I learn to "hear" my speed which is accurate enough to let me know when I am speeding. So the same applies as I ride my Classic more, and eventually I have to look down a lot less as I get more a feel for engine speed/sound for the ground speed I am riding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts