Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding the other day and heard a rattle. It took me a few miles to figure it out. It was the hex bolt in the center/lower area or the gauge cluster bezel.

Is there any other common areas on your 900 that need checked frequently?

Thanks in advance.:)

·
Registered
455 Posts
screw loose

LOL

Front fender screws. Thru the plastic to the bracket. Finally put some locktite on them.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I check my nuts frequently but people keep giving me strange looks :confused:
BWAHAHAHA! Folks at work are giving me a strange look now! Thanks for the laugh! Some things just shouldn't be ratcheted down...

On a side note for the OP, check your mirror lock nuts fairly often, as mirrors that suddenly swing toward you on a ride are a little unnerving. Also had a friend on a different brand of bike lose a tail light cover going down the road, seems the screw vibed out a bit. You don't want those overtightened as those plastic covers can crack, but it's good to make sure they're going to hang around with ya on a ride.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Well, there's a sticker on the bottom of the the OEM seat that shows everything Kawi wants you to check every time you ride. The loose bolt that took me by surprise though was the one holding the left peg on my '07 custom. I had about 7k miles on it and when I went to upshift, instead of the shifter going up, the peg went down. Fortunately the bolt didn't fall off. I pulled over, pulled out my wrenches and put it back together. Now I regularly check every bolt I can see to at least make sure they're not loose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts