Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the stock seat on the 500 with one off a Drifter but it was significantly higher, so the stock OEM windshield was too low & couldn't be raised. Replaced the windshield with an aftermarket, but raised to proper position there was too large a gap over the headlight. I had seen these contraptions advertised before (Laminar LIPs), but being the cheapskate I am I decided to experiment.

Prior to drilling any holes in the shield, I used velcro and small blocks of wood to secure the lip and found that it does work well, so I mounted it permanently. To get a permanent bend in the plastic, I cut a curve in a 1x4, pinched the lip between the two halves with C clamps, and placed it in boiling water for several minutes.

I know the lip works better at throwing the air just a little higher than just raising the windshield, in fact it works much better. Much less, if any buffeting to the top of the helmet and I can still see over it.

It may not look all that great, but these days effectiveness always wins over looks.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Good idea!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts