Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2013
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys..

My vulcan produce this tik...tik...tik..tik....tik sound during cruising and this is really annoying.. I did noticed that this sound had something to do when pull the throttle. I look everywhere on the bike what cause this tik sound..but found nothing..or is this part of the package?

other than I really enjoy my vulcan..

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hi guys..

My vulcan produce this tik...tik...tik..tik....tik sound during cruising and this is really annoying.. I did noticed that this sound had something to do when pull the throttle. I look everywhere on the bike what cause this tik sound..but found nothing..or is this part of the package?

other than I really enjoy my vulcan..
Mine does the samething, im not for sure but i think it's the fuel injection! But what ever it is it must be part of the package.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i think it is the fuel injector pulse i hear it too and if you take the air cleaner off a throttle bodied car it sounds exactly the same

·
Registered
851 Posts
Your right Maddmatt...I put on a set of cobra pipes and i dont hear the ticing anymore! matter a fact i can't hear the wife neither, it's a winwin situation for me! lol

·
Registered
263 Posts
My understanding is that it is part of the emissions. Some people have reported that using 87 octane, instead of the expensive stuff, reduces the sound. On my bike it did. There is also a tick when you release the throttle, but I am not sure you can hear that when it is cruising.

As far as louder pipes and wives, ear plugs are twenty five cents a pair. Pipes, $600.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i put the vance & hines on fixed the noise and wife too never thought of how the loud pipes made all the annoying noises go away haha

·
Registered
14 Posts
i had a ticking noise on my 95 classic that drove me totally crazy, seriously this is true, it turned out to be the chrome fuel cover vibrating, it only did it while moving and sounded mechanical ?

·
Registered
851 Posts
i put the vance & hines on fixed the noise and wife too never thought of how the loud pipes made all the annoying noises go away haha
I see you know what i mean! Thank Rick, for backing me up on this one! lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
tik tik tik sound

my 900 classic makes the same noise but it comes from the front end the dealer said it was where its a new bike and the front brakes will rub a little until they get wore in a lil i only have 270 miles on the bike so im just gonna go with it if it doesnt stop by 500 or 600 miles then ill start raising questions

1 - 12 of 12 Posts