Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my area the prices of used bikes are wayyyyy up there. About a grand or more than full retail. I use Kelly blue book as a guide.
The last 2 bikes I've bought, no trade-ins. I've been able to buy one about halfway between trade-in and retail. The prices are almost discouraging.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Maybe monitor craigslist sites within a few hours from home and consider traveling to get a good deal. You can even rent a U-Haul trailer for around $20/day if weather prohibits you from riding it home....there's good deals to be had I'm sure...good luck.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
What are you looking for? You can get a bike shipped from just about anywhere in the states for $500. I bought a bike from FL that was cheaper than I could find it within 300 miles of me.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I drove 2 hours to Indianapolis to get mine. Check out westfield powersports on the north side of Indy. They also have a store down south if that's closer to you. You will be very surprised about the prices they are offering.

·
Registered
81 Posts
We have several Kawa dealers where I live - these places suck so I got mine 3 hours away in Charleston, SC! Keep diggin it's worth the effort.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm looking for a 900LT.
Everybody on here has been way helpful. Much appreciated. Thank you.
I'll look and see where these lead to.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I was looking around and decided to re evaluate my asking price. For my 900. You need to use nada on this one. Kelly blue book is low on this bike.

Then you need to figure in any little extras it might have. Like the luggage rack $300, light bar $300, different seat $500, exhaust $500, ect. These prices would be if you installed them yourself. It is worth something. It might not be a lot but it saves you money if you where going to add it anyway. No I would not figure in the full price of the extras but I might be willing to pay a little more if it had the things I wanted already.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Remember that current ads on Craigslist are not sold. The ones that sold are already off of Craigslist! Doesn't hurt to make an offer now and then. Of course, there are lots of folks who don't understand the way used vehicles should be priced. And they are probably checking Craigslist, and seeing prices for un-sold bikes, and pricing their bike just as high. Who knows, make an offer, and see if it sticks.

Otherwise shipping, or even riding it home, is an option!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Remember that current ads on Craigslist are not sold. The ones that sold are already off of Craigslist! Doesn't hurt to make an offer now and then. Of course, there are lots of folks who don't understand the way used vehicles should be priced. And they are probably checking Craigslist, and seeing prices for un-sold bikes, and pricing their bike just as high. Who knows, make an offer, and see if it sticks.

Otherwise shipping, or even riding it home, is an option!
+1 looking at what some of those people are asking for stuff on craigslist usually puts me in a state of shock and awe. Anything reasonably priced goes very fast. I sold a couch in 3 hours, and most recently a motorcycle trailer in less than 24 hours.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I would say 4700 tops.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wow I need to buy some bikes in Ohio. Bring them back here. A new classic LT is 8500 range. A new custom is 7300 range. Your prices are what most 08-09 are being sold for here.

What are your Harley's selling for might pick a few of them up to.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Wow I need to buy some bikes in Ohio. Bring them back here. A new classic LT is 8500 range. A new custom is 7300 range. Your prices are what most 08-09 are being sold for here.

What are your Harley's selling for might pick a few of them up to.
You can pick up left over 13 and 14 900s for under 5500 easily. Kawasaki discounts their bikes heavily the following year. I remember I bought my 05 zx10 left over in 06 for 8400 OTD. Sticker I think was 10999 plus TTT and dealer prep

1 - 16 of 16 Posts