Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some really Fuzzy pix of buddies garage where the Red Bear'n has taken up residency. also, is my ol RoadStar that gott chopped, slammed, 57 chevy'd.

so the stripping commenced and parts got moved from bike to bike. most notably are the 16" monkey bars. internal wiring required new splices, we kept all original wiring and connectors which each bike. 2 weekends of kold rain, its not like we missed any ride time.

this weekend we should wrap this up and get the Yammy outa there as I have interested parties that want to put it on the road.. soon. more pix later. poncho

Attachments

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
G rated pix

just a couple more pix of nekkid bikes.. sorry no babes, this is a G rated 4m.
while she was.. nekid.. we changed her gears bak to N.am standards.

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
I almost slapped those gears in mine last night, till I remembered that I have a full tank of fuel. Gona have to ride it to work a couple of days next week to burn it down before diving in, but I can hardly wait. Thanks again Ponch, for putting them up for sale.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I already bought 'em.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
the Rain in Spain is a Pain in the Ain.. us

damitt! its rainin agin this weekend. agin! this schitt is gettin way 2 fkn old. it wouldnt be so bad if some this h2o would find its way into our 7 lakes, 7 dam'its on the colorado river.. but no, its all down stream. sumbicht!

ok, so we had nuthin else to do (yeah rite) so we worked on the skoots some more. here are pix of the RB gettin her fatt lady tin stockings put back on. yeah, doesnt do anything for me.. either..
we gott all the wires splices done an inside these humongous monkey bars. he ordered new ss brake n clutch cables as the yammers were not to his liking. I would have made them work, butt its not my bike..
Pete did the double wrap on the stock headers. I told him single wrap cooked my rite leg, had to wear my leathers. still was too hot.

an jus for grinns, here be my old RoadStar. not gonna do much with it, the next guy mite want to chop it up a bit?

wish it would quit rainin so I can ride my new or old sled. poncho

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
"... wish it would quit rainin so I can ride my new or old sled. poncho
Hi PeeVee;

Those two scoots waiting for you are two good looking machines. I'm jealous...Probably a shame to get them all cruddy out on the wet roads 😊

It will stop raining, it always has...Now trying to get this friggin snow to melt in Beantown is another problem. Might not get the bike here until 4th of July!

WEG

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi PeeVee; Those two scoots waiting for you are two good looking machines. I'm jealous...Probably a shame to get them all cruddy out on the wet roads ��
It will stop raining, it always has...Now trying to get this friggin snow to melt in Beantown is another problem. Might not get the bike here until 4th of July!
WEG
weggers, its back! Texas weather as we kno an luv it. 85f today under partly cloudy skies, big patches of the blue stuff.
took Barb out for spin this am. jus a lil run thru the benders along the creek and then up city park to the lake. she needed to stretch her legs, its been a long while..
this afternoon I took Jr out for the same spin. Spicewood Springs road along my favorite creek, the road crosses the creek a dozen times. its all swollen over its banks. then up city park and down to the lake. after I run 2222 up mt bonnell and then jump hwy 1 to my shop.
the reason for this/these routes is they are jus chock full of twisties, up, down and all around. it gives plenty opportunity to scrub the chiken strips thin. 2222, I can get on it and power hevy in the corners, S-S-S, climbing and diving.. only the Smokies are better than this. Ark has some nice roads, but we like a good work out for the horses.. ponchout

ps. was havin so much fun, didnt even bother to take pix, but this one!

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi PeeVee

One pic of "Barb" none of "Jessica"? You owe us one! That's still a great looking bike. I'm gonna have to get me one before I'm too old. I'm already regular old, I mean before "too old". 😊

Now you need to tell us about how Jessica behaved for you. Some of us aren't too familiar with the Cali Guzzi. I haven't ridden one since they first came here to Beantown back in the '70's. See how old I am? 😳

Might have to get one of those as well! (weggers, hehehe...)

WEG

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One pic of "Barb" none of "Jessica"? You owe us one! That's still a great looking bike. I'm gonna have to get me one before I'm too old. I'm already regular old, I mean before "too old". 😊
Now you need to tell us about how Jessica behaved for you. Some of us aren't too familiar with the Cali Guzzi. I haven't ridden one since they first came here to Beantown back in the '70's. See how old I am? 😳 WEG
weegeez, this is all u'r gonna get for now. Jr rite ups in the otter mofo sikle section. from watt u rite, dont wait 2 long, seems u'd be pushin the limit soon. ponchout

Attachments

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fire in the hole.. not a medicinal ointment advertisement

she breathes, fire n brimstones, agin! we gott the RedBear'n buttoned up.
oil n filter. front brakes bled out. minimal wiring issue. bad contact at starter button, fixed. BAM! fired up like she was never out of service.
a little test ride 20 miles to lunch joint. now it needs that personal touch tweaking and a goodly amount of skrubbing clean.
Pete is gonna join up w/us Tejas Kawboy Gettyup Memorial weekend. He knos where all the good joints to get some grub and farm roads to find em. poncho

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
Sweet! I got the Euro gears installed last week, removed the sub throttle plates while I was working on it. Love the lower cruise RPMs but I do notice a lot more down shifting out of 5th now, as my commute has a lot of 45-60 range changes, well worth it though. Can't wait to stretch its legs for a while with you guys.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Sweet! I got the Euro gears installed last week, removed the sub throttle plates while I was working on it. Love the lower cruise RPMs but I do notice a lot more down shifting out of 5th now, as my commute has a lot of 45-60 range changes, well worth it though. Can't wait to stretch its legs for a while with you guys.
dr,, dont need 5th for everday riding. it is now strictly a hiway gear for +70mph work. all yor lower gears are stretched and you should use them for street work. 5th is overdrive, 6 gears are so passe'.

btw, the v2k with N.am gears pulls like a freight train, again! Pete was so blown away with it. previously, he lamented missing the RoadStar v17 as it is a liter bike and pulled hard. the v2k put his grinn factor in a whole new category!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
a message from the RBs new manager..

ran it today . getting to know her. quite predictable so far.

i have requested more specific input data as to watt this means?.. Pete has known this bike since I acquired it back in 08. he may have ridden it a few times when it was.. newer? will keep you posted of morphications as they develop. ponchout

Attachments

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well it gott kold agin and then wett sum mor here in tejas.. so i gott bizzy with the roadstar and am pert near finish to get her sold this week..
found some new head pipes and took off the ol hand made cherry bombs..
almost complete back to stock.. rode it around the parking lott, it feels good and strong for a lil wimp v17.. actually it pulls pert hard.. not anything v2k like, but fun. need to move this iron. gitt reddy for kawboy gettyup. ponchout

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Ponch, you got a junkyard dog or cat in the garage? Looks like they tried to clean the front tire for you.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Ponch, you got a junkyard dog or cat in the garage? Looks like they tried to clean the front tire for you.
buff'rs,, you payin 'tention to details in these pix? i mite have done that myself.. its some brake fluid got away from me.. or not? poncho

1 - 17 of 17 Posts