Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reasons I bought a Triumph America was for the same reasons I bought the Vulcan 500. I like the engine configuration of the parallel twin and the no vibration at idle. My new triumph is a heavier than the Vulcan but I have to admit it, I think it also the reason it gives a better ride.

The 500 Vulcan was much quicker on the bottom but Triumph climbs fast once past 30mph and does not seem to have any top end. I love both bikes, but I think I just out grew the 500 V. the frame and weight of the bike seemed small after riding it for 3 years and my wife was uncomfortable on the back of these . All this being said I would either bikes all over again.

Farscape

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Are you saying you're leaving the Vulcan Forum? We will need pics! I guess if I was going to go Triumph, the T-bird 16 would be at the top of my list.

J

·
0 Posts
I own a 2002 Triumph Bonneville T100, and it's a beautiful, fun, motorcycle that I wouldn't trade for anything (ok, ok, maybe a wad of money, but that's it). If you have to make one bike do everything, I can certainly understand how the Triumph might serve your purposes better than a 500 Vulcan. Good luck with whatever you ride.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can also see how one could like the Triumph if you also like the characteristics of the Vulcan. The T is definitely a step up, imho. I am still in awe of what the V 500 does considering it's size and weight. Both are great bikes.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I will stich around...

"Are you saying you're leaving the Vulcan Forum? We will need pics! I guess if I was going to go Triumph, the T-bird 16 would be at the top of my list."

No, I will stick around. I still like Vulcan bikes even though I ride a triumph! I am not a biker snob, "LOL" I almost went for the Vulcan 900 but just felt it was a little too heavy, but it did cost less money. in the end I had to go with what made me look the coolest, "LOL".

I also agree with another post to this thread, about the thunder bird being a great choice. I think this is a very exciting time to be a rider of bikes with sooo many choices and more being added every year. but for me I think I will ride a Triumph and talk with Vulcan people. The best of both worlds!

Farscape

1 - 5 of 5 Posts