Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody notice that in the latest Progressive commercial when Flo is talking to the biker guy, she says she rides a "900 V-twin". As far as I know this description only fits one bike. Am I correct here?

The commercial's kinda cute. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt1kxpRygIo

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cool commercials - but I called and got a quote from them - $1300.00 a year. I had already gotten my coverage from Foremost (through AARP) for $335.00 a year.

I didn't switch - she's not THAT cute.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I was thinkin' the same thing! She's a VULCAN chick! Next closest is the Yammy 950, at least that I'm aware of, and definitely not a Harley, as their closest is an 800.

·
Registered
122 Posts
they were actually the cheapest for me like 280 a year called geico who i have my car insurance with and they were like 1100 go figure

Cool commercials - but I called and got a quote from them - $1300.00 a year. I had already gotten my coverage from Foremost (through AARP) for $335.00 a year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, Progressive was one of the cheapest with my quote, $1000 less than farmers. (and I made sure the policy coverages were matching).. The guy also mentions a 500, so I suspect the writer has a Kawi.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah I use Progressive, and I am kinda young still and have full coverage on my Vulcan and my Ninja ZX6R and only pay about $130 a month, which isn't too bad for a 31 year old... But I do only pay $85 a month on my truck and sports car as well, HAHA...

·
Registered
14 Posts
With the rates you guys are paying i feel real good with Gieco and $155 a year on an 2000 800a and a 2008 900 classic.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Progressive cover my 2008 Nomad and wife's Vulcan 500... full coverages and we also pay a little extra for roadside assistance... we live in Metro Nashville in the suburbs... and for both of us it's $898 a year (we are both 51 years old though). I have let several companies quote thru the years and no one even comes close for us so far.

·
Registered
122 Posts
like my post said ubove im paying like 280 for full coverage on an 09 900 im 27 yo and its my first bike i didnt think it was too bad

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm with Geico. 129.00 Year full coverage.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Guys...This is a commercial!!! She may not even ride at all (which is what I suspect). Her job is to sell insurance. If she does, I want to see some pics..:eek:...

·
Registered
73 Posts

My full coverage including $5000 in accesories and trailer for my voyager from progressive is $563 a year.
My daughter's 900 is $318 a year and she is a new rider under 25- again, progressive.

·
Registered
49 Posts
motodoc - The lady on the phone didn't know why mine came up so high. I got the same coverages on the bike as I have on my cars for medical coverage, property damage and road-side assistance.

·
Registered
657 Posts
motodoc - The lady on the phone didn't know why mine came up so high. I got the same coverages on the bike as I have on my cars for medical coverage, property damage and road-side assistance.
And don't forget "un-insured/under-insured cagers" either. That can account for as much as 40% of an insurance bill. It's like paying someone else's premium for them!!!:confused:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Guys...This is a commercial!!! She may not even ride at all (which is what I suspect). Her job is to sell insurance. If she does, I want to see some pics..:eek:...
Yeah I know she's a fictitious character. Maybe she rides a fictitious VN900? I just thought it was cool that she all but mentioned the Vulcan 900 by name.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts