Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The new Cobra power pro on a stock Voyager

I was speaking to a dealer about the new Cobra Power Pro. Over here in Australia they seem to know little about it, however he rang one of the suppliers and they told him unless I had after market pipes on it would not do anything to a stock bike.

To those of you who have purchased or are researching the new Power Pro, and more particularly those with stock bikes what do you reckon a load of BS or so element of truth.

All I am trying to achieve is to smooth out the engine, in 19000 km I have only experienced the engine running smoothly, like a sewing machine once. It normally feels like the timing is out by a millisecond. Most people I have spoken to reckon it all depends on the fuel as to how smoothly it runs as Kawasaki have the bike running well onto the lean side.

Did a 2500 km road trip last week and halfway through that's when I noticed the smooth running, by the end of the trip, it was back to it's normal. I watched the ECU real-time readout with my mechanic and absolutely no faults.

Any thoughts suggestions

·
Registered
291 Posts
I was speaking to a dealer about the new Cobra Power Pro. Over here in Australia they seem to know little about it, however he rang one of the suppliers and they told him unless I had after market pipes on it would not do anything to a stock bike.

To those of you who have purchased or are researching the new Power Pro, and more particularly those with stock bikes what do you reckon a load of BS or so element of truth.

All I am trying to achieve is to smooth out the engine, in 19000 km I have only experienced the engine running smoothly, like a sewing machine once. It normally feels like the timing is out by a millisecond. Most people I have spoken to reckon it all depends on the fuel as to how smoothly it runs as Kawasaki have the bike running well onto the lean side.

Did a 2500 km road trip last week and halfway through that's when I noticed the smooth running, by the end of the trip, it was back to it's normal. I watched the ECU real-time readout with my mechanic and absolutely no faults.

Any thoughts suggestions
Is your bike stock ?

It seems that the bike when stock gave alot of peeps on this forum a alot of different problems. mostly due to the lean condition caused by the stock set up and a faulty ECU in 09 models. After I changed pipes TRI-OVALS and revised ecu then air kit (THUNDER) and finally the fuel processor (FI-2000R) many problems disappeared.

I cant suggest you spend money on these items as I feel the bike should not have these issues but it does as many other big twin manufacturers do. This is why they have the after mkt I guess. All I can say is what I did worked or consider a trade as I almost did but now I am satisfied .

I'm waiting on more feedback on this power-pro and considering going to it. The concept and design makes it a no brainer for a choice. Go to the Cobra site and watch the video and check it out. If it does in fact do what it says it does than it should be great for "any bike stock or modified". It seems the supplier over there is wrong since Cobra is stating otherwise. Good luck Mate!

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is your bike stock ?

It seems that the bike when stock gave alot of peeps on this forum a alot of different problems. mostly due to the lean condition caused by the stock set up and a faulty ECU in 09 models. After I changed pipes TRI-OVALS and revised ecu then air kit (THUNDER) and finally the fuel processor (FI-2000R) many problems disappeared.

I cant suggest you spend money on these items as I feel the bike should not have these issues but it does as many other big twin manufacturers do. This is why they have the after mkt I guess. All I can say is what I did worked or consider a trade as I almost did but now I am satisfied .

I'm waiting on more feedback on this power-pro and considering going to it. The concept and design makes it a no brainer for a choice. Go to the Cobra site and watch the video and check it out. If it does in fact do what it says it does than it should be great for "any bike stock or modified". It seems the supplier over there is wrong since Cobra is stating otherwise. Good luck Mate!
Thanks for that

Seems to be the nature of the beast but it sure was nice to ride when it sang!

I tend to agree on the supplier as most of the places I checked don't have the new power pro listed yet as they are trying to flog off stock of the older unit.

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm running the powerpro on a stock voyager. I talked to two cobra techs, both said you can a powerpro on a stock bike but with pipes and more air you will get better performance, that's a no brainer. I just put a K&N filter on it and in a couple months will be putting on some mufflers. While running the voyager stock with the powerpro I didn't feel any difference but, on shut down before I had the powerpro the bike had a real strong burning smell. I'm guessing because it was running real lean now, with the powerpro there is no smell at all and mpg has stayed the same about 42 - 43 mpg. Know that I'm running the powerpro with a K& N filter I can finally feel a little difference so, I can't wait for the mufflers.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I have the K/n as well is it just more power or smoother?

·
Registered
287 Posts
PowrPro

I'm running the powerpro on a stock voyager. I talked to two cobra techs, both said you can a powerpro on a stock bike but with pipes and more air you will get better performance, that's a no brainer. I just put a K&N filter on it and in a couple months will be putting on some mufflers. While running the voyager stock with the powerpro I didn't feel any difference but, on shut down before I had the powerpro the bike had a real strong burning smell. I'm guessing because it was running real lean now, with the powerpro there is no smell at all and mpg has stayed the same about 42 - 43 mpg. Know that I'm running the powerpro with a K& N filter I can finally feel a little difference so, I can't wait for the mufflers.
Mike
I also am looking at the PowrPro. I already have the Cobra pipes, but have been waiting for the PowrPro to become more plentiful. As soon as you get your pipes on can you give me an update?
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts