Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK the headlight on my vn2k sucks with all that high tec looking lenses you would think it would give off more light....so I think I need to add some brighter lights any suggestions that won't break the bank....already had some really cheap ones...took those off...ready for round 2....what wattage should I go for any help would be great....thanks everyone

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
357 Posts
higher wattage bulb? or even and HID kit would work?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
higher wattage bulb? or even and HID kit would work?
I'm not too impressed with the HID retrofits I've seen, and I've seen high wattage bulbs melt light sockets.

Sure, HID retros put out lots of light but to me the beam pattern isn't that great because the bulb position isn't really quite where it should be for the reflector as with the H4 filament(s).

I may yet go with some HID lighting (don't really like to drive at dark anyway) but looking more at purpose-built HID auxiliary lights like from TrailTech or Hella, etc.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I bought a HELLA 100W/80W from amazon for my dual sport and my 2000 and have only installed one in my dual sport so far, not much difference in the light output despite having much higher wattage. As you mentioned they can be expensive, but a decent light bar may be the way to go, you get what you pay for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts