wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
tenminimum

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Thread location

Good thing this is in the 'non-motorcycle' area. :)
One less thing to :thunder:b*tch:thunder: about:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
702 Posts
If a Republican reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A Democrat will delete it because he's "offended".

Amen

·
Registered
98 Posts
If a Republican wants a fence to sit on, he buys one.
If a Democrat wants a fence to sit on, he builds one.
If both the Republican and Democrat are sitting on the same fence the Republican pushes the Democrat off, and claims ownership of the fence. He then pays the Democrat minimum wage to do all the maintenance to the fence while he collects tax breaks from the government for creating jobs.

Ha ha. Just kidding guys, don't get all bent out of shape. I'm just giving a little back of what was just dished out.

Seriously though. I do straddle the fence, because both sides do have pros and cons. Having been formerly in the manufacturing trade for many years, I probably tend to lean more toward the Democratic side, but I don't base my votes on party line alone.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks for the laugh! I'll be forwarding this to my friends after I'm done with this post.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
If a Republican doesn't like guns, can he still be a Republican

If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat. He will also approve the subsidies to the ranchers so they don't have to raise the animals that he won't eat.

If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life. You mean deny it until he gets caught in an airport bathroom or gets caught texting underage interns

If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation, by using someone else's money and then create the loop holes so he wont have to pay them back.

This could go on and on and on

If a Republican reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh. They laugh because they think people beleive their [email protected] S#!t

·
Registered
98 Posts
os, you say this like this is a bad thing? ;)
Ha ha. That depends if you're an optimist or pessimist.
The pessimist will see it this way ----> The Republican now has to worry about managing personnel to maintain the fence, the cost of upkeep and how to keep is Democratic employees from unionizing . The Democrat has to continue to work on a fence he once owned so he can feed his family, has to try to think of a way to secure a retirement plan so he doesn't have to work on it his whole life, and has to worry if he will be replaced by unskilled labor.

Of course if you want to put a positive spin on it. The Republican is happy because he found a mark to make a profit off of. The Democrat is happy because he's got a job and a sense of accomplishment and purpose. A win-win for both.

Ha ha. I can spin it either way. I should be a politician. :p

·
Banned
102 Posts
Libertarian much?

I think you described Libertarians, Pancho, not Republicans.

Disclaimer: I generally lean Republican/Libertarian, FWIW. I'm registered as a Republican.

However, the Republicans I know of are more:

Aren't a Protestant Christian?
You're a filthy human, so sayeth the Lord. :eek:

Pro Choice?
Scum. You should not be allowed to vote. :mad:

Immigrant?
Go home. :mad:

Iraqiranistan?
Blow it all up. Screw 'em all. :skeleton:

Isreal?
They're obviously the only ones who can have a good point. Duh. :rolleyes:

Truth is, Republicans are just about the most intolerant group - IN GENERAL - than any other (West Boro Baptist, anyone?). As much as I can't stand the current Administration, it's because of this that the Republicans don't have a prayer of winning in November. :(

You started it. ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
All good ideas and comments, funny stuff.
Seriously though has anyone thought...maybe there shouldn't be 2 seperate parties? Remember the Civil War? We need stand up Americans not gangs of followers following each other in circles. Every man for himself by himself. Lets see what there made of when they have to stand alone.

·
BOTM Winner, August/2012
201 Posts
All good ideas and comments, funny stuff.
Seriously though has anyone thought...maybe there shouldn't be 2 seperate parties? Remember the Civil War? We need stand up Americans not gangs of followers following each other in circles. Every man for himself by himself. Lets see what there made of when they have to stand alone.
Nah, our country is based off the 'two party' ideals, pretty much why independents never get any real support. Loving this thread, you know why I love the democrat vs. republican thing? Because both sides think they are right while neither see that they are the problem! Not one member of either political party in DC has the nation's best interests at hearts because in the end they are humans who can only realistically see what is in their little bubble, and then they become outraged that the member next to them is doing the exact same thing.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Democrats , the party that brought us NAFTA , the beginning of the job exodus. I'm still an independent and haven't been really impressed by either party in a while.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Prince John was a Republican
Robin Hood was a Democrat

Also

Following diplomatic negotiations dating back to 1986 among the three nations, the leaders met in San Antonio, Texas, on December 17, 1992, to sign NAFTA. U.S. President George H. W. Bush ( NOT a Democrat ), Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and Mexican President Carlos Salinas, each responsible for spearheading and promoting the agreement, ceremonially signed it.

And remember it was President Nixon ( also not a Democrat ) that re-established and re-opened trade with China.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Politicians vs political views

Looking to the guys in D.C. to improve things in the U.S. is only a little less delusional than looking to the U.N. to improve things on the planet.:(
The thing about politicians is that for the majority of them, their main job function is to get re-elected, actually improving things is a distant second. So, they give speeches and write laws they think will ‘energize’ the base. Why would they do otherwise, winning an election comes with a lot of benefits regular people don’t get. My favorite president said “Govern wisely; and as little as possible”.
I was raised dirt poor, and I would still be dirt poor if I had not become a conservative. Reliance on others when you are able bodied is a poor character trait.

Aside:
*In the story of Robin Hood, Prince John enforced confiscatory taxes, and Robin Hood tried to return the money to the people who had originally earned it.
*If a Republican is caught in a verified scandal (of a sexual nature or not), the base will make sure he is removed from office. If a Democrat is caught in a verified scandal the base, the media, and the party elite will defend to the end with charges of Racism, Hypocrisy, Intolerance, and any other epitaph they think will help their cause.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Scott, I think reliance on others is in some ways the first step to anyone's success.
Who gave you your "first chance"?
I think your conservative stance is admirable as a life choice, but so is the ability to recognize those who need a hand up, not a hand out.

I'll stand by my Robin Hood, Prince John analogy because I think the Republicans do enforce modern day " confiscatory taxes " on the general public by not being willing to pay a fair share for the common good, while the Democrats have shown they are more than willing to tax us, but then turn it around and give it back, what we may disagree on is where it should be given.
I too was raised dirt poor and I've used any and every opportunity given to me to try and make a better life for my family and myself, I just try to pay it forward whenever I can.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Brian,
Glad to see this will be about ideas and principals:), too often a topic like this will devolve into simple name calling.
We are born into this world helpless and dependent, after that everyone should strive to be a productive citizen. Too many don’t.
You ask ‘who gave me my first chance’; I say no one. I got a job and earned a living; I worked hard and earned a college degree at night. The owners of the companies where I earned my wage were probably very wealthy. Some may think that makes them Republicans, but there are plenty of wealthy Democrats too.
As far as a recognizing those in need, my home financial controller writes checks to a couple of charities each month, even though she is currently laid off.

Both parties are responsible for taxes being too high, but not on the general public, only on those who pay taxes. A significant portion of the population does not pay any taxes. As far as where taxes should be ‘given’ I don’t disagree on where, I disagree that taxes should be given at all. Yes, we need a safety net for the less fortunate; what we have is a welfare class for the lazy. Being poor SHOULD be more difficult than being middle class, this produces motivation.
I do think there could be more done to raise the standard of living for those who are working and barely getting by. However, the current status quo allocates the overwhelming majority of the resources that should be used for this cause; to ensure another generation of the dependant. :confused:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts