Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of mornings ago I called the motorcycle shop to see if there was any progress on my 2008 Goldwing's start problem. Their answer was I'll let you talk to the general manager. Also never a good sign. The general manager opened with "Your Wing almost burned the building down. The only thing that saved the building was our good sprinkler system." My question was, "I guess my Wing was destroyed?" Ended up the insurance adjusters haven't been out yet and they will get back to me.

I went by the motorcycle shop today to check on the status of the insurance on my 'Wing. Not much has changed, their adjuster hasn't done anything at this time so my settlement is still on hold. They did mention they would make me a good deal on one of their used 'Wings. I'm not too interested in another 'Wing, they are great bikes but my riding needs, if I have any, have changed. But during the conversation I mentioned that a couple of years ago I had tried to buy back the Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 LT I had traded in on the 'Wing they just burned to the ground and wondered if they still had the V2K.

To my surprise it was stored in a back room, dusty but still all there. I'm not saying I'm going to re-buy it but.....Damn I loved that bike much more than I ever did the 'Wing. The 'Wing is/was a wonderful tool, one of the best Iron Butt bikes ever made but it has no soul. The V2K on the other hand is nothing but soul, shiny in chrome and paint, with two coffee can pistons throbbing between your legs as you feel direct contact with the world and machine around you. Like I said, damn I loved that bike.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
How did your Goldwing supposedly almost destroy the motorcycle shop's building? Sound almost as if they're using your 'Wing as a scapegoat to blame, when something else including some internal negligence may actually have been the cause.

Sounds like you would actually like to buy back the Vulcan 2000 LT! Suggest that you go for it if that actually is what you wish for!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How did your Goldwing supposedly almost destroy the motorcycle shop's building? Sound almost as if they're using your 'Wing as a scapegoat to blame, when something else including some internal negligence may actually have been the cause.

Sounds like you would actually like to buy back the Vulcan 2000 LT! Suggest that you go for it if that actually is what you wish for!
They were working on a start problem, my guess some spilled fuel and a electrical spark did the deed.

If they get real on the price for the V2K I expect it will follow me home. If not I may be bikeless for awhile.

ken

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I'd be calling them every day. And not just checking in. I'd make it a lot less pleasant for them to just wait on "their adjuster".

And you can bet your ass all this waiting would come up in the negotiations for the V2K, or whatever other bike you might shop for.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree keep pushing. It was in there hands they took responsibility for the bike so this would be on them.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
323 Posts
Exactly. Your wing didn't almost burn the building down. Unless your wing had spontaneous combustion occur while sitting unattended, I suspect one of their employees is the guiltiy one.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Those questions get explored by the rider's insurance carrier. If they can deflect blame to the property or business owner, they certainly will.

I love my Vulcan 2000. Would not trade it in on anything. But if I had a Goldwing, that is a whole 'nother animal. If you want to ride long distance in comfort, the Goldwing is the World Champion hands down. The GL1800 has great power, too.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
he's right though, the wing has no soul, it's just a great iron butt bike

·
Registered
361 Posts
The V2K on the other hand is nothing but soul, shiny in chrome and paint, with two coffee can pistons throbbing between your legs as you feel direct contact with the world and machine around you.
Dam Bubba.................That's almost poetry...........................man poetry that is (lol) well said.

BTW....................... Buy the Kawa back, you know ya want to man..............your world will be back in perfect 'Vee' symmetry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts