Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I burned something. The batery is full but the bike has no light or nothing. The fuses are fine too. Waht could it be?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. Going down the + right down the battery we found the main 30 amp fuse. It seats by itself aside the main fuse box. It was burned !!! Well I learned something the hard way:)) Everything is cool now:))

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Yeah. Going down the + right down the battery we found the main 30 amp fuse. It seats by itself aside the main fuse box. It was burned !!! Well I learned something the hard way:)) Everything is cool now:))

It might be "cool" for now but 30A fuses don't just burn/blow for no reason. So, until you find out what caused the fuse to burn/blow, IMO, you're not out of the woods just yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ops. I forgot to mention , I was installing Road Rage audio amp in the windshield bag. The amp is chip like 20 buck , but loud and the wires connectors are complete crap . I shorted and burned the amp and the main fuse as well:))
The amp is no big deal:)) I ordered another one and will insulate all the wires before putting it on the bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You may also want to check the wire behind you big head light going to the ignition . I had that problem and all it needed was a heavier connector . Before that happened I thought something was loose because I could hear a clicking noise coming from the front of the bike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts