Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit this today...yea!!!

Was an absolutely gorgeous day, only managed about 275 mls today tho managed another 147 mls after this pic was taken.

Skoot is runnin fantastic since I rectified the hydraulic valve adjuster situation due to the oil problem. Didn't realize I was missing some power as it was losing it slowly.

Puttin down A1A tonite I saw 48.5 mpg and overall mpg is much better now.

Prolly ride more tomorrow. Skoot will be 3yo on April 20th, wonder what the mileage will be then???

RACNRAY

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Good to see it back on the road...

·
Registered
894 Posts
NICE JOB!!!! I am so friggin jealous of you Floiduans sometimes . . . Then I realize, I probably have at least as many turns and twisties in the 20K on my bike! Nice job Ray!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Congrats on the milestone. Glad you're up and riding again. If you dont mind, what oil did you go with this time, and what kind of intervals are you planning for changes? I hear really good things about Mobile 1, but heard good things about what you were using too.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
The cold in northern TN has kept my baby in the stable mostly, so you're still pulling away! Hey, made a funny right there ... Anyway, coldest winter we have had in a very long time. Not much snow or ice, but damn, it's been cold! In short, I'm jealous, but I'll be riding all this week. Finally got some warmer temps.

Speaking of oil, this AMSOIL thing is bothering me enough I thought sending an oil sample in for analysis might help me decide on what to do. Hard information has to help - at least for me!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Awesome! I really wish I lived down your way. I do love the twisties up here but I'd rather ride year round and go out of my way to find them.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats on the mileage. How far do you this machine will carry you before the itch for something new overwhelms you?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Well...it is still kinda new to me. My Hayabusa is gonna be 14 years old in May of this year, absolutely no thought s of getting rid of it, same goes for this Vaq.

Thinkin about doin something with a nice set of shocks as I am not gonna be carrying a passenger and the air leaks out continuously. And maybe something to liven up the wheels more than they already are.

We shall see, but this Vaq is a keeper.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
226 Posts
since I rectified the hydraulic valve adjuster situation due to the oil problem. Didn't realize I was missing some power as it was losing it slowly.

RACNRAY
Ray, could you elaborate on this a bit......... problem oil boogered a valve adjuster?

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took me awhile to get this last 1000 miles, rode the Busa 275 mls last weekend instead of the Vaq, boy oh boy was I a hurtin after that ride!!

RACNRAY

·
Registered
701 Posts
Took me awhile to get this last 1000 miles, rode the Busa 275 mls last weekend instead of the Vaq, boy oh boy was I a hurtin after that ride!!

RACNRAY
It may have hurt Ray, but I bet it was a real hoot compared to the Vaquero...lol

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats Ray on the 50k+. Will have over 25k when I get back from Daytona this weekend
COOL...I gots dem brakum pads awaitin fer ya wen u's git bak.

RACNRAY

1 - 15 of 15 Posts