Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you don't have the luxury of keeping your bike in a garage and want her protected from the elements where you live, I have a solution for your big bike cruiser,.
I live in the Great State of Texas..we experience all kinds of weather and needing a cover and those flimsy covers to me are a pain and useless I was at the home improvement store one day seen it and thought here's a ******* solution to protect my bike.
It's designed as dumpster to hold all kinds of refuse..then call it's maker who comes and takes away..after looking at the dimensions I thought flipped over it would work as a motorcycle cover..and it does...its impervious to water, sunlight when bungee cords connect the sides underneath, mine has withstood fronts blowing in at 50+ mph.
You can fit on bike in seconds..I have mine on my VN 2000 my buddy put one one his always has some issue Fat Boy and loves the cover. It sold at home improvement stores. I paid under 30 bucks. So that's it.Its called simply the bagster go get you one. Plant Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire
Vehicle cover Tire Automotive tire Wheel Plant
Tire Road surface Grass Asphalt Wheel

To my fellow bikers..Two fingers down.
. Dimensions of the Bagster are as follows;
  • 2'6" H, 4' W, 8' L

· Registered
2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can best describe as follows as it doesn't flop around like the typical cover would and blow off. made from a sort of synthetic my case gets suspended off the paint my back rest and the mirrors off my handle bars.and doesn't affect the tank.. and I'm off scene right I do snug it with a bungee cord.. but as you see and decides it can flat but it's a very durable product I.. I tried to research what the material was.. but couldn't find that information will look though and report back one other thing I may mention there was some feral cats that found it as a shelter to crawl up in the cavity above the seat and tank.. and I put a beach towel over it but subsequently they're disappeared and I haven't found the need but it might be something that I would put on had I not had a back rest..

Really in retrospect because it's 4 ft wide.. kept taunt at the bottom protected in the rear by the turn signals brake light and license plate
Is the material soft enough as not to rub the paint when it’s windy?
On my bike once fitted..it does not touch any painted surface as it rests on the mirrors, backrest and then on rear kept off by the brake lights and turning signals..on the front it never touches the fender and finally the sides it's kept off by my saddle bags.
The material is woven synthetic and the bagster is designed to hold 3800lbs suspended when picked up and is I'm sure if it could touch and rub it could chafe I'm sure ..my biggest issue was that ferel cats have discovered away to use it as a shelter and I have found cat prints on my tank and seat. That has been solved by laying a beach towel on top but I plan to resolve by adding some grommets to snatch up the bottom better as I currently attach the bungee chords to the handles .
I checked with my friend with the Fat Boy and without saddle bags and he has not experienced and rubbing on his..
Here are some photos I have just taken that show the bagster off on the ground and you can see how rigid is the material...it's still standing on one side. In original packaging it comes folded up but as stated in my original post, I recommend for home use as it becomes cumbersome to travel with bike..
I hope this helps Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Fender

1 - 4 of 4 Posts