Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I found this on craigslist the other day and the wife let me buy it. a brand new in box bob dron fairing for $100! I was pretty stoked. Since my family isn't here with me today (except the mutts) and I don't have to work I decided to start cutting and drilling to make this fit. So last night went to homedepot and picked up some #2 1/2 brackets (forks are 1.25")

then I cut the drons brackets to shorten them up and test fitted. didn't like it so drilled some holes to move the fairing a bit back and a tad lower. then after several more test fits I had to make a bracket from the lower fork clamp to the drons brackets to keep everything stable. then viola! all done. Was a lot easier explaining than it was to actually do lol. I am very pleased with it for now later on might move it back a lil more but for now im exhausted hungry and need to order some paint to spray this thing with.

if any questions please ask I know my garage and bike are mess a right now.

·
Registered
658 Posts
That is an awesome price for that fairing. I want one of those so bad I'm looking forward to your pics.

·
Registered
658 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

still needs paint i can't move it back much more or when the bars are locked out itll hit the tank. I could lower it a bit but I like where it sits to block the wind. I get told often my bike is a big bike and this makes it look even bigger lol. But I'd like some insight.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Thanks for the wider pics... Definitely makes her look like a bigger bike How's the wind protection?

Ps. Your whole set up looks real nice.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks a lot guys I'm sure theres others who arent saying anything to just be polite but looking for honest feedback.

·
Registered
658 Posts
VicFlow,

could you post some shots of how you mounted the fairing? and what hardware you used?

Thanks!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I can I will but it's mounted with clamps from the electrical section of home depot and then I jut cut the drons stock mounting hardware

·
Registered
658 Posts
When I can I will but it's mounted with clamps from the electrical section of home depot and then I jut cut the drons stock mounting hardware
Thanks... I appreciate it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wander off for a couple of months and come back to find out I'm not a misfit any more. :p

Nice job, it looks great!

Enjoy and happy holidays!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts