Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone on here helped me out a lot! Very knowledgeable and friendly people here! I decided that I do need a bigger bike so I traded in the '11 Custom toward a '13 Victory Cross Country yesterday. I'll still be a lurker here.

I do have a "Vintage" Mustang seat that fits on Vulcan 900's!! It's one year old and in excellent condition. I bought it for $360 and will sell it for $225 OBO. PM me.

Thanks again everyone in this forum!! Keep the shiny side up on those KAWS!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Graybush. Victory had their touring semi full of every model her in Iowa yesterday. They took us out on a 12 mile ride and I rode every model they make. Still paying for it today legs, back and clutch wrist :) They had really great rebates to get rid of the '13's to make room for the '14's.

I couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Congrats. Beautiful bike.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Nice looking bike! Remember, you're still welcome here.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Nice bike-I have been debating between the Vic and the Voyager for my next bike. Enjoy!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Looks great! Lots of Vulcan guys going to Victory. Good bikes!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
If you haven't signed up for victoryforums.com I urge you to do so. Lots of good info there.

It uh...also has a very different atmosphere than this forum, so if that's not your speed that's cool lol but there are some good guys there.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Defiant one

I have been looking int tot he Victory year end specials. They offered me a very good deal, but I found the small gas tank and limited miles to be a disadvantage. I would appreciate you coming back one more time to tell us how that works for you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think the range said 288 miles on a full tank. I'll confirm and let you know.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
The tank is 5.8 gals on your bike. I was referring to the Vegas ....Sorry...
I can get about 200 miles out of a tank of gas and still put in a gallon and sometimes more...conditionally dependent of course. Chewing up slab at 90 gets me about 36-38 MPG, going the speed limit of 75 gets about 41-43, and lugging along at 65 in 6th gear will get you close to 50. My fuel light comes on early, at about 2 gallons left (much like my VN900 did) so I usually push my luck another 40 miles.

And the Vegas tank is only 4.4 gallons, but Lacy's will run up to 160 miles before the fuel light dings on. She can average 45 MPG at 85-90 MPH...it annoys the piss outta me lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@Daboo311, here is the Mustang seat for sale. The backseat had a bag strapped around it. Those indentations will disappear. Bought for $360 last year. Will sell for $225 OBO.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts