Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks for the nice ride today. There are some really nice country farm to market roads where you live.... (around Jewett Texas)

By the way.... the hydrogen peroxide idea to clean bugs off your scoot really does work well. I just soaked a paper towel and the bug goo simply wiped/dissolved away.... my windshield was so bad you could not see through it....

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Been on a lot of those.... 40 years ago..... Will be doing around SA, Houston, Del Rio before long again. Was raised close to Lubbock but all my relatives are in Central and South and North Texas.... That is a very good list... Thanks....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Moved to Houston a year and a half ago for my job, oil patch company. Figured why not, could ride pretty much year round compared to Philly. Unfortunately was plowed into from behind in my Jeep last August by a DUI. My son's first comment was good I wasn't on the bike. Messed up my neck and back pretty good so I only ride the bike once in awhile for about an hour at a time. That's all I can handle. DUI's behind bars and I've aged 10-15 years but at least I'm breathing. Could have been much worse.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Moved to Houston a year and a half ago for my job, oil patch company. Figured why not, could ride pretty much year round compared to Philly. Unfortunately was plowed into from behind in my Jeep last August by a DUI. My son's first comment was good I wasn't on the bike. Messed up my neck and back pretty good so I only ride the bike once in awhile for about an hour at a time. That's all I can handle. DUI's behind bars and I've aged 10-15 years but at least I'm breathing. Could have been much worse.
Glad to hear you are still around to tell the story. Sucks you cant ride as you would like. No doubt you got a large settlement for all your pain and suffering.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thanks for the link MRSPOCK! In about 6 weeks I'm riding down to a buddy that moved to Bella Vista Arkansas, he rides the 2011 Vaquero! From there we're riding down to I think it's called Galveston TX by Houston. Being a Cowboy fan from Illinois I'm really looking forward to riding in TX. Not sure what route he's planning but I know he does want to go down thru Tyler TX.

·
Registered
109 Posts
1Oldtimer: Big settlement, hah! Second DUI so I was lucky he had any insurance, still fighting. I'm fortunate I have a good job with good insurance coverage otherwise I'd be on the hook for thousands and thousands of medical bills. Texas isn't "consumer" friendly; companies rule the roost. Any settlement and the insurance gets first dibs to recover what it paid. I get the scraps. Like I said; I'm just glad I'm still breathing.

DieHarrd Rider: It's pretty flat OK to Dallas and down thru Houston to Galveston. Not that there isn't some scenery along the way; it's just way flatter than I was used to in the northeast. Galveston is not bad but you should stop in Kemah south of Houston about half way to Galveston, nice boardwalk but somewhat "touristy". And you go right by the NASA/Johnson Space Center on Nasa 1 on your way to Kemah. They now have a Space Shuttle you can take a tour through if you like that kind of stuff. The real nice rides are in Texas hill country, west and north of San Antonio and Austin. Cowgirl fan?? From Illinois?? What about da Bears??

·
Registered
27 Posts
thanks

Bubba, It was totally my pleasure. Especially since you bought lunch! Hope to do it again soon and it's on me next time. I will try the peroxide as well. thanks. Hope your surgery went well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Texas

How are you liking TX so far?

Hoping to visit dad in fall and head for hill country!

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The wife and I are originally from Texas.... but left in 1976 and now moved back after retiring.... It's right where I left it......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts