Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm a native Texan and I love it here. Any kind of riding you want. I live on a local manmade lake on what is known as the "twisties" in this flat land. I ride year round and am not above heading for Llano to get a cup of coffee. My wife likes to ride. She's from Wisconsin and she loves Texas. I'm glad our winters are short. Guardian, maybe we'll run into each other one day.......:D
That's greatness. I married a Yankee too (Chi-town gurl) and although I can't seem to redneckafy her, she won't move back either.

Laughing at all the comments here. I'm as native as they come. Only left for my 6yo Navy stint, and got back here as quick as I could.

Would live to get out and ride more often. Would like to do some trips to Arkansas, the Hill country, and anywhere else I can find a good 'ol backroad. Cuz I am country. And if I ain't fishing or hunting, I want to be riding. Either in my Jeep, F250, or my cycle!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why would you want to waste good riding time on I35 anyway!!:D:D

Head west and south!
Fredericksburg is great bike destination just a couple hours from Austin.
Go a little further southwest to Kerrville, Medina and Leakey for the best motorcycle roads in TX.

Scott
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
We'll give you a day or two to get settled in, then you'll have to follow the official Texas Cruiser rule:

"Will ride for BBQ" :D
I'll have use that excuse. But I usually do my own,

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
rob74... where do you live??

Wind??? the wind is far worse in central Nevada where I lived for the past 30 years. You don't even notice it until it goes above 50 mph.... steady for days at a time.... gusts up to 70+ a lot.

We are finally in Corsicana now.

ADD:
Got BBQ yesterday while on the Blue Bonnet Trail at Bubba's BBQ in Ennis. Close to my new Yama/Kawai dealer. Which I like so far. Having all my carburetor scoots re-jetted from 700k ft to 4 inches alt...

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I would think Texas is more Southern than Central. Dont you guys talk funny down there?:eek:
In true Texas fashion and pride, I think I can speak for all of us when I say...
WE don't talk funny, it's THE REST OF THE WORLD that talks funny! :D

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
In true Texas fashion and pride, I think I can speak for all of us when I say...
Speaking of such things. I felt like I fit in down there with my Appalachian Mountain accent when i was down there last year. That southern twang still holds strong here too.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
WE don't talk funny, it's THE REST OF THE WORLD that talks funny!
Actually some of you/us DO talk funny.... My sister is one. And I have noticed a lot here in Corsicana with more Texas "twang" than I am used to.

My new neighbor... retired Postman... hard to understand some of what he says...

But like riding a bicycle... it will come back to me. But I don't think I will ever sound like my neighbor..... (I hope)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bubba i live in Waco and when the wind gets rough i still ride. But when it us tearing through i sit it out 40 mile gust can real dampin a good ride.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
I'm assuming Texas would be considered "Central" or should we be posting in the "Redneck" section!?! Didn't see that one listed! Ride safe, Ya'll.

I ride in central and western Texas, feels more like the southwest to me, so that is where I post.

Roadie

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Glad to see this thread hit again.....

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Injun Sumner is muey bueno ride time

texkins don't talk no funny.. we even mix up some Spanglish jus to color it up a fair piece.. an the res you fellers need get off yor arse wen us kawboys have a lil giddyup.. we done the hills a couple times and east tex 2wice to get them Houston fellers riled up.. Santone is slacking a bunch.. dFw kawboys did make effort a time or two..

if ther be interest, still time leff for a fall giddyup, someplace central?

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
When I was in Hawaii. I said to a couple "How y'all doing?" She says Y'ALL! Boy where you from? I responded with, The only place that matters, TEXAS.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
Well I'm in SA and I have also seen a few Vulcans around. I'm in the Northeast. 35, Thousand Oaks area.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts