Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
How about the 1st or 2nd weekend in March as a primary with the backup in the middle of April?
The vote here is after daylight saving time starts.
Daylight savings time doesn't start until Mar 12th, so that leaves out the first weekend and 2nd Saturday of March. I say the 22nd of April with the backup the following Saturday. But hey, I'm retirned and I'll make anything work!

Reactions: IC3/SS and Lesblank

·
Registered
2021 Vulcan Voyager
183 Posts
Daylight savings time doesn't start until Mar 12th, so that leaves out the first weekend and 2nd Saturday of March. I say the 22nd of April with the backup the following Saturday. But hey, I'm retirned and I'll make anything work!
I like it. The dates where just a place to start. I never even thought to look at daylight savings time. That is Shirlene’s vote, I should have paid better attention.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Bandera, Texas
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
This is starting to sound like a bidding war to get me to come.

Anyone else want to 'up the ante'?
I'm 20 minutes from the Twisted Sisters if you wanted to extend your stay.

Ecoregion Map World Atlas Line

Have covered parking on concrete pad.

Sky Tire Motor vehicle Building Wheel

You could park in shed, tight fit, but 900 fits. @CarGuy might trump me with a garage.

Plant Sky Shade Road surface Tree

I have a lake view, well kinda, no water due to drought.

Cloud Sky Natural landscape Water Tree

Where @CarGuy totally gets me, my last half mile is dirt, well actually caliche with rock, but touring bike can travel on OK.

Tire Sky Wheel Plant Vehicle

I think we both have deer, but I've got fox.

Terrestrial animal Carnivore Snout Tail grey fox

OK @CarGuy, your turn.

·
Registered
806 Posts
@Lesblank , don't get me started with pics of wild critters. I've got them all! As far as trumping you, I do have the garage and a concrete driveway, but I have to admit you're in a better riding area, but only by a little!! If Bikerbill decides to stay with you I might be incentived to make the trip to see all your improvements.

Are we planning on the 29th as the backup date to the 22nd? And I would enjoy riding with you to check out Belton as long as we pick a semi-warm day (upper 60's, low 70's).

Reactions: IC3/SS

·
Bandera, Texas
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
@CarGuy, just teasing you. But I do have one wild animal roaming around that you don't, me. :ROFLMAO:

The 29th as backup sounds good. Weather can definitely have it's own mind and planning for it makes sense.

We can definitely ride up and check it out. After Thanksgiving we can watch the weather and pick a day. They have picnic and pavilion areas we can check out. Next item to think about would be a place to eat.

·
Registered
3 busted 90's Vulcans that don't run.
19 Posts
Update:
Proposed date: Saturday, April 22, 2023

List of possible attendees:
@CarGuy

@IC3/SS and wife
@bikerbill
@Lesblank and wife

A few years ago , 2020, I tried to put together a Meet and Greet. Unfortunately didn't have enough interest to put one together. I think we have enough members here to put one together. So let's start planning. First thing needs to be location. This would be a one day event, we ride to location, eat, do a short group ride and head home. It works out well for the some riders to meet up and ride together. Most of y'all know I'm also staff on the StarBike forum and we did a Meet and Greet that turned out pretty nice. Not that I want to copy that event, but is a good starting point. We picked Belton Lake as the location. Reason being it's centrally located among the three largest metropolitan areas, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. Yes, I know many of you live outside the 100 mile radius on map.

View attachment 258572

Location can definitely be discussed if y'all think a better location would work better. Once we set a location maybe a few of us could go and check it out to ensure it would suit our needs.

We can pick a local BBQ, burger place or something like that. There's several in that area that are good.

Sometime in the spring would be best, weather wise, before it got to hot. Plus give everyone time to put it on you calendar.

This would be a family event so spouses would be welcome.

So thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Come on, this could really be a great event.
This sounds good to me! Literally in my neighborhood, my kids go to Lake Belton Middle and High Schools! There is a really cool overlook on top of the dam, but they have blocked it off recently, I'm thinking because it's dangerous pulling out of it.
Included a pic of my 900 parked out there. It was a staple of every ride to get out across the dam, and I've been wishing I hung on to that bike lately.

Definitely count me in though!

Attachments

·
Registered
806 Posts
@Lesblank , I don't know how soon you were wanting to go to Lake Belton, but the weather's looking pretty darn good next week with temps in the 70's and sunny. Definitely no rush though, we have the whole winter to ride.

Reactions: IC3/SS

·
Bandera, Texas
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
@CarGuy, not sure yet. I need some wind therapy pretty bad so soon sounds good.

I was just looking at weather as two of my sons and family are coming in for Thanksgiving weekend. We were hoping to take them out and show them some of the country side.

·
Registered
2021 Vulcan Voyager
183 Posts
I have family in right now and want to be around while the wife and daughter take the basic course this weekend. If you are looking at the weekend after that I am up for the ride. If y'all have to go during the week I do understand.

·
Registered
806 Posts
@CarGuy, not sure yet. I need some wind therapy pretty bad so soon sounds good.

I was just looking at weather as two of my sons and family are coming in for Thanksgiving weekend. We were hoping to take them out and show them some of the country side.

Family always comes first! My daughter may come this weekend as well. We have plenty of time to go up there.

Reactions: IC3/SS and Lesblank

·
Registered
2021 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
3 Posts
I'm based in SA and would be down with a CenTX Spring meetup! My wife won't ride but I have a buddy with an old Voyager 1700 that would be into it as well. We have another buddy with a Harley that we let tag along sometimes😉 Might talk him into it as well.

·
Registered
806 Posts
@BugsInMyTeeth, since you'll be coming up from SA you can join up with either LesBlank in the Bandera area, IC3/SS and me in the San Marcos area, or all 3 of us in Johnson City.

Reactions: Lesblank
21 - 36 of 36 Posts