Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, here's my first ride with my new GoPro. Not sure where the odd sound is coming from on the vid, but I'll figure that out.

Oh, and naturally, I picked the bumpiest road ever to test this cam out on! Duh!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Bike sounds good!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
how did you mount it? ive been thinking of mounting my gopro the vn9 but dont know where yet. are you using the stickey mounts or the suction cup? or something else?

good video tho. i think i should upgrade from the hero1 to hero2

i think that noise is vibrations.. are you using the waterproof case?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how did you mount it? ive been thinking of mounting my gopro the vn9 but dont know where yet. are you using the stickey mounts or the suction cup? or something else?

good video tho. i think i should upgrade from the hero1 to hero2

i think that noise is vibrations.. are you using the waterproof case?
I bought the suction cup mount and stuck it right to my speedometer face. I didn't use the waterproof case. Maybe that's the reason. Obviously I'll be playing with it a lot more, so eventually I'll get the setup just right. :)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
yeah you should use the waterproof case, it will cut down a lot on the wind and other annoying noises. and also if the camera falls, it will have some type of protection.

also i dont trust the suction mount that much. you should attach a tether wire to the camera so if the mount fails you dont loose the camera.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah you should use the waterproof case, it will cut down a lot on the wind and other annoying noises. and also if the camera falls, it will have some type of protection.

also i dont trust the suction mount that much. you should attach a tether wire to the camera so if the mount fails you dont loose the camera.
Not a bad idea (the tether). I guess I'm too trusting in advertising when the description for the suction mount said will withstand speeds up to 150 mph (more than double what I generally drive).

I did change the sound setting on the camera to 70% (from the 100% default setting). So I'll try that with the open back and confined to adjust. I think sound might have been vibration from the speedometer housing against the gas tank. But it could just be my camera placement in general.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
i never used the suction cup on my bike, i did in my car tho. but on my bike (well sports bike) its on with the sticky mounts. if you have a crash bar, you should look into getting the roll bar attachment for the gopro. it will go right on to the crash bar and have an ok view but wont be in your way.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i never used the suction cup on my bike, i did in my car tho. but on my bike (well sports bike) its on with the sticky mounts. if you have a crash bar, you should look into getting the roll bar attachment for the gopro. it will go right on to the crash bar and have an ok view but wont be in your way.
So, something like this might work too then?
http://gopro.com/camera-mounts/handlebar-seatpost-mount/

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 12 of 12 Posts