Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a bit more than a year on my 500 I've been seriously considering moving up to 900. I did a lot of reading on this subject in this forum and I do like the way it feels when you sit on it. Before I make a final decision I would like to test drive one.
I tried couple of dealerships in NY and NJ but was told that they don't allow this unless you put a down payment on the bike. Is that true? Is it even possible to find a dealership in Tri-state area that can let me ride one?

Thanks and ride safe

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
492 Posts
You dont say if you are looking at new or used. Its tough to get a test ride on a new bike. You might get a test ride on a used one though.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You dont say if you are looking at new or used. Its tough to get a test ride on a new bike. You might get a test ride on a used one though.

Yea
That's what they told me. Unfortunately they did not have any used ones in stock. At least the places I went to.
I'm hoping to get a new bike as previous years left over. I just want to be sure that this is the right bike for me.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Keep shopping my friend. I would call around or go online and see who has a used one. Then go try it out. Or bite the bullet and buy without a test ride. I got a test ride on the 900 that I bought used. But bought my 1700 Nomad without testing it out.

You really cant go wrong with the 900 platform. I put 40000 miles on mine before moving up to the Nomad.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Guess I got lucky. Dealer let me test drive a new 900 even after telling them I hadn't rode a bike in 20 years. I ended up buying it. I'm 5'11" 195 lbs. A perfect fit.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Shop around, also look to see if any dealership has a Demo day, Kawasaki may have a demo truck that goes around, too.

It's hard to find a dealer that'll allow test rides. Very few do!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Try Craigslist for a private used sale. Many sellers allow test rides as they are highly motivated to move their bikes along. I found some have even written up waivers to cover their "six". This is how I got a ride on a 900 and then bought one. I have found even the dealers listed as "test drive" spots don't have what you want to drive "in stock". The kawasaki demo days are few and far between. Amazing that H-D is all set up for this very issue, and they win many buyers with such customer service. It's a no brainer to have sufficient stock to allow your wishes given the money they can make from sales and service.

Best of luck trying to find one and hope you like the 900.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
The kawasaki demo days are few and far between. Amazing that H-D is all set up for this very issue, and they win many buyers with such customer service.
Here's something verrrry interesting that I discovered when I ALMOST bought a VN1700 - Kawasaki loves selling bikes so much, that they don't even update the info on their Demo Days page! LOL! According to this, the VN1700 doesn't exist, and the VN2000 is still around! Hehehe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts