Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on the phone for more than 6 months with www.gripthis1.com and/or www.customchopperwerks.com which I found are the same company. This Robert Rowe "Bob" is a total Dbag. I've been getting the run around from him all this time about some custom forward controls I bought for almost 600.00. Has anyone else on here dealt with these guys? If so I would throw caution to you. He's a fast talker on the phone and seems to know how to make people feel all warm and fuzzy. But when you hang up and process things you wonder why you didn't get any lube with your order. I just filed a complaint with the attorney general's office in Florida. Anyone else had bad experience like this?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
A little vague, man You didn't say what this "runaround" consists of.
And at some point you felt comfortable enough with this Dbag to give him $600.

·
Registered
111 Posts
A bit more info would be good mate. You must feel pretty strongly to go to those lengths

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'm seeing a theme on this site. People order stuff from unheard of sites, probably to save a few pennies, and then wonder why they get ripped off. "gripthis1.com?" Is there a gripthis2.com? Try Phat or some other reputable place if you want customer service and a guaranteed good transaction. I would resist the temptation to Google random websites and then actually submitting your money/credit card on a site like "gripthis1.com." Just my 2 cents.

·
BOTM Winner, August 2013
202 Posts
If you put it on credit card I would just call the bank and have them reverse the charges.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
A little vague, man You didn't say what this "runaround" consists of.
It's likely burned into your mind but the rest of us wonder ,

Did you not receive your order ?

Did they not fit ?

Wrong style ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys. It was early this morning when I wrote the attorney general's office in Florida. The two websites that are shown above are both legit sites. It's my understanding they make parts a lot more for the Harley style of custom stuff. Also he claimed to have been sending a bunch of orders to OCC. I have a set of grips from SMT Machining and they are basically the exact same thing because I have a set of foot pegs from gripthis1.com and they match my grips. And they have the same name. I emailed him prior to purchasing the part to make sure he could make this for my specific model of bike. His claim was yes we can do that. So I picked the one out I wanted and paid for it. I copied the attorney general's claim and I'll post if here if you wanna see the crap I've had to go through with this guy. It's pretty upsetting from my end. I received a lot of promises. Anyway, I did finally receive a part without the mounting bracket that he said he was going to send me. But only after I asked for a refund. And the foot and toe pegs he sent me were the wrong ones. Which I've been fighting for him to send me the correct ones of those. If he'd send me those I'd just take it to my buddy here in KC who is a CNC machinist and have him make me a bracket and problem solved. It's just been like pulling teeth guys. ugh... Sorry and thanks for listening to the rant. All I wanted was a fly bike ya know...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Order Number 0000001141
Invoice Date: 02/04/2012 14:34:08
Item # CCW-008 Description CCW "Shogun Black Ice" Forward Controls/ Anodized
Special Comments:
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom SE I would like the "Magnum" 6 shot foot/toe pegs with this item. Any questions please call anytime.

Tue, April 3, 10:54 am call placed to 9415395376. Spoke with Bob Rowe regarding part and was assured part was being processed.
Fri, May 4, 11:33 am call placed to 9415395376 No answer. Voice mail left.
Fri, May 4, 11:56 am call received from 9415395376 spoke with Bob Rowe regarding part. Bob states he has had some machines go down and the part with take a little longer than expected, but assured the part should be sent in a couple of weeks. States he is also working on a bracket to allow the part to affix to my motorcycle better.
Wed, May 16, 2:03 pm call placed to 9415395376. No answer. Voice mail left.
Wed, May 16, 2:10 pm call received from 9415395376. Spoke with Bob Rowe. Apologized for the length of time is has taken. States the part will be shipped soon and he will "throw in some grips" as well as the bracket because it has taken so long.
Fri, June 1, 1:01 pm call placed to 9415395376. No answer.
Fri, June 1, 4:08 pm call placed to 9415395376. No answer.
Mon, June 4, 1:39 pm call placed to 9415395376. No answer.
Mon, June 4, 1:39 pm call placed to 9415395376. No answer.
Tue, June 5, 11:49 am call placed to 9415395376. No answer.
Tue, June 5, 12:23 pm call placed to 9415395376. No answer.
Tue, June 5, 2:41 pm call received from 9415395376. Spoke with Bob Rowe who states he was in the hospital with Pneumonia and has not been taking calls. States the part should be sent out this week and will include grips and bracket with shipment due to shipment taking so long. Apologizes for delay.
Tue, June 12, 8:43 am call placed to 9415395376. No answer. Left voice mail asking for refund of product since product has not been received.
Tue, June 12, 10:07 am call received from 9415395376. Missed call.
Tue, June 12, 10:07 am call placed to 9415395376.No answer.
Tue, June 12, 10:08 am call placed to 9415395376. No answer.
Tue, June 12, 10:08 am call received from 9415395376. Missed call. Voice message left regarding part.
Tue, June 12, 10:08 am voice message states, “Hey Josh, they went out well they were boxed up I don't know if the courier picked them up last night but they uh they're shipped as far as we're concerned. They may go out today being picked up last night. But anyway they're on their way to you. Thanks bye.”
Fri, June 15, 11:46 am call placed to 9415395376. No answer. Voice message left.
Fri, June 15, 12:19 pm call received from 9415395376. Spoke with Bob Rowe who states the part will be going out today. Asked Bob for tracking number to package. Bob states he does not know if that will be possible. I asked Bob to see if he can get that and call me back.
Fri, June 15, 4:00 pm call received from 9415395376. Spoke with Bob Rowe who states the package has been shipped and was unable to get tracking number for me. States by the time I get a tracking number I should have the package.
Mon, June 18, notice found on door regarding delivery of package.
Tue, June 19 package picked up from post office. Package contains incorrect foot pegs and incorrect toe pegs.
Tue, June 19, 8:31 am call placed to 9415395376. No answer. Voice mail left regarding incorrect product.
Tue, June 19, 10:32 am call received from 9415395376. Spoke with Bob Rowe regarding incorrect part. States he will send me the correct parts and will have return shipping for incorrect product.
Fri, July 13, 10:13 am call placed to 9415395376. Spoke with Bob Rowe regarding part. States he is on the road and will call “Josh” at the warehouse and have him ship those parts today. States the bracket is not complete yet but states he will have the foot and toe pegs sent. Requests that I send him a text message with my address so he can forward that to “Josh” at the warehouse.
Fri, July 13, 10:22 am Text message sent to 9415395376. “9721 W 83rd terrace Overland Park KS. 66212”
Fri, July 13, 10:24 am Text message sent to 9415395376. “If you could have him send those grips as well I can work on those while I'm waiting for the bracket. Magnum 6 shot. Black. Not buckshot. Thanks Bob”
Tue, July 24, 8:51 am call placed to 9415395376. No answer. Voice message left regarding part.
Sat, Aug 4, 9:27am text message placed to 9415395376. “Hello Bob, this is Joshua Welch. I have yet to receive the correct magnum 6 shot pegs for the forward controls that were went to me. I originally paid for the product in Feb. It has been over 6 months of dealing with your company over the phone. I am filing a formal complaint with the attorney general's office in Florida.”

·
Registered
111 Posts
Impressive write up. Sounds like Bob is abit of a donkey. Hope you get your money back or at least some satisfaction.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks man. I'd seriously be happy just getting what I paid for. Even if it was more than 6 months after the date of purchase. As of this point I have a 600.00 hunk of metal I can't use.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just got an email back from the Attorney General's office in Florida. They sent me a couple of links to file complaints with as well. Since Monday I've called the guy's phone everyday leaving messages regarding my parts. The messages have been very polite but my hope is "torment." I'm hoping he'll look at me like a bill collector and either change his phone number or send me my parts. lol

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I just got an email back from the Attorney General's office in Florida. They sent me a couple of links to file complaints with as well. Since Monday I've called the guy's phone everyday leaving messages regarding my parts. The messages have been very polite but my hope is "torment." I'm hoping he'll look at me like a bill collector and either change his phone number or send me my parts. lol
Sometimes you gotta be the squeaky wheel.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I certainly hope so... Honestly the look of the forward controls are amazing. I just wish the customer service end of things were as awesome as the controls. But I just can't use a hunk of metal that looks pretty without function or the correct pegs. It'd be like putting spinners on a Pinto. It just doesn't suit me. :( Not to mention I HATE HATE being lied to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow you are one patient guy!! 600 bux is a good chunck of money as far as Im concerned, that sucks man. I think I would be planning a little road trip and go pay good ol Bob a friendly visit :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I got through. I have been calling his phone daily sometimes 2 times a day leaving very polite messages and today on my way to work I called and he called back. In a very, "I'm not feeling well" kind of voice he stated that he was in the hospital with a kidney stone with blockage. Being in the medical profession for >10 years I am betting he is out by Monday. If I don't have a call back from him by then he'll be receiving more from me. Also, just to keep you guys in the loop I'm going to write the Better Business Bureau, Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Serivces, and the Internet Crime Complaint Center. I may also consider writing the Federal Trade Commission as well. More so, Florida's Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act provides individuals with a private remedy to bring an action for damages, attorney's fees and court costs. They mentioned that they would help me out with referrals and that if an attoney couldn't be afforded they would help find me a low cost attorney or a probono attorney. Sounds pretty solid. Hope none of you guys ever have to go through this. It's kind of a pain in the arse.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I decided to contact ol "Bob" today regarding the foot pegs that he has been promising me since I received the incorrect ones on June 15th I believe. He gave me a couple more excuses to include "recent kidney stone and prepping for this hurricane in FL." Anyway, he kind of got under my skin today so I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Western Florida and a complaint with The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. It sounds as though the BBB contacts the company within so many days of the complaint filed and the business has so many days to respond. The response is then sent back to me. I'm hoping this will put a spark under this guys ass because I'm tired of getting nothing for the price I paid.

Oh and get this... He says the foot pegs I ordered may be discontinued due to a health risk because they're sharp and if the bike falls on you it could stab you. Well... Not to say that couldn't happen..But couldn't just about anything on a bar end hurt you if a motorcycle of this size falls on you? hmmm... Anyway I told him if this is the case then I want a refund and he comes back with, "well we probably still have some laying around I can send you."

ggggrrrr Hope you guys don't go through anything like this with this guy. If you can stay away from this guy and use SMT machining because they were waaaaaay more professional that this guy.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wow sounds bad. Did you try DLX prodox I bought a few things from him. There was a bit of confusion cause he had no clue what bike I had. He sent parts that fit a Harley and when I set him pics he knew what it was and shipped over night the right ones. As for this guy saying things are discontinued for safety reasons he's full of it cause you can get those parts anywhere. Looks like he buys the parts from other companies and sells it for a profit. Obviously you aren't giving him much profit so he's giving you the runaround. Stick w the common sites like meancycles and cruiser customizing

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 20 of 20 Posts