Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a new DSLR camera to replace my very old Minolta (srt201). The old camera was designed to use mercury batteries and they lasted for years but they can't be made anymore so I had to get these "air cell" batt's that you peel a sticker off and they begin to die from that moment on. I was told by the local camera shop that for $100 they could recalibrate it so I could use OTC batt's but I decided to just upgrade. The new cam is a Canon Rebel EOS XSI and by looking at all the buttons and menu's, I will be at this for a while! When I shot a couple pics and loaded them on my PC, the file size of the pics at max resolution was 59x39 inches! :eek: Guess I'll need to cut them down a tad to post here huh? :D Anxious for a sunny day to take some bike shots. I feel a couple more gray hairs coming with this new cam! ;)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Yea, I bet you have that open stare look like my parents when I got them a combo VHS/DVD player......I still think the clock is flashing on that one, it has been 3 years.

Keep working the camera. I hate all the buttons, though you will find you will only use just a couple of them. Can hardly wait for the pics, just make them smaller.

·
Registered
166 Posts
A DSLR is a really high-end and complicated piece of camera gear...even the most simple of DSLRs would baffle most people and all but professionals will ever figure out how to fully use them to their potential. The sales guy should have done a little more research into your needs and wants. From your post...you don't need that camera at all. Take it back and get a high end point and shoot. You won't have to carry around such a big unit and the pics will be more than good enough for posting up to the net and for 95% of home uses.

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A DSLR is a really high-end and complicated piece of camera gear...even the most simple of DSLRs would baffle most people and all but professionals will ever figure out how to fully use them to their potential. The sales guy should have done a little more research into your needs and wants. From your post...you don't need that camera at all. Take it back and get a high end point and shoot. You won't have to carry around such a big unit and the pics will be more than good enough for posting up to the net and for 95% of home uses.
Take it back? No way! Maybe you misread my first post. My old Minolta is 100% manual, no auto functions at all. The learning curve comes from all the buttons and menu's, not operating the camera.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts