Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I've posted B4 over this tank recall on the 2009 classic, and shared my experience...Attached are pics of the bikes at the dealer, then after they swapped tanks...So has anyone experienced getting their bike back with missing features ( Did they claim thats what kawa gives em?) and what did you do about :confused:

This is @ the dealer
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz51/amerimutt1/vulcan/008.jpg

This is what was delivered
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz51/amerimutt1/vulcan/emblemlesstank.png

·
Registered
138 Posts
Are you referring to the tank coming in from Kawi debadged?

If so, that is the way tanks come from Kawi. If you want the badges, your dealer should order them for you, mine did, tough I never put them on. I got them for resale purposes in case the buyer wanted them. This past October Kawi replaced my tank because paint was peeling from the filler neck.

Personally, I think the bike looks much better without them (my opinion).

Hope this helps

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced this and didn't get the emblemes. In any case, I do like the look of it without the badges. (I don't need no sticking badges) That's one reason I accepted the delivery. Just knowing the dealers cards when I call them monday helps. I do want them for the reason you mentioned (resale) Plus I paid for them why not...thanks again

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a 2009 classic 900, have not heard about a tank recall? What's it about? Is it a gas guage fix?

Thanks..

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I thought the tank recall was on the 800s. Am I right? Even so, if Kawi shipped the dealer a bare tank, I'd think the dealer should be courteous enough to move the badges from the old tank to the new one (or at least ask if you want it done. Or maybe just see if you want the badges back loose?).

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought the tank recall was on the 800s. Am I right? Even so, if Kawi shipped the dealer a bare tank, I'd think the dealer should be courteous enough to move the badges from the old tank to the new one (or at least ask if you want it done. Or maybe just see if you want the badges back loose?).
yeah thats my take on it too. I'll see tomorrow what they gotta say about it. I realize this is a post sale question/request, but at least I ended up getting the bare look I didn't expect to like
thanks Bill

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
leaky tank ( @ the fill -cap ) go to kawa website and put your ser# in the warranty page and see if your good
My '09 does not show up...was there a mid year fix or something?

Rod

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Hey Rod, If it don't show up your good! I'm not sure about which ones. I only know mine did...you no the rest:rolleyes: I'm fine about it all and the dealer made good.
I posted on another thread that I called the Kawasaki Consumer line today.
What I found is that the saddlebags are on back-order and should be sent to Kawasaki by 01April. Then expect 7-10 days for delivery to the Dealer.
Kawasaki won't inform us when the bags are shipped and cannot ship directly to the buyer; you have to go through the dealer.

She also confirmed that my bike was not part of the recall.

An additional note, I got in the crash bars last night and installed them.
It took an incompetent like me only 5 minutes...was very easy.
I will put up pictures tonight. Plus, my windshield should be arriving today from UPS!!!

Rod

·
Registered
138 Posts
My '09 does not show up...was there a mid year fix or something?

Rod
My vin# never showed up either. What happened to me was the paint was peeling from around the filler neck on the tank. I complained to the dealer and he wrote it up. Kawi came through with a new tank. :)

My guess is that it was probably related to the leak issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts