Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any experience with taking the vulcan tank emblems off ? wanting to take mine off just dont know the best way to go about it

·
Registered
953 Posts
get a blow dryer and warm the glue up a bit, not to hot. Take some fishing line and go behind the emblem, done. Clean up excess glue with goo gone or w40 or whatever you like.

·
Registered
8 Posts
removal

Use blow dryer and wd40 . Be patient and meticulous. Use nothing harder than your fingernails. All glue will eventually be removed. Good Luck. Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
Use some fishing string and saw behind the emblem. To remove any left over glue, they sell 3M adhesive remover at most auto part stores. Gums right up and wipes off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
whats described is the basic procedure. I used goo gone and a plastic scraper with a rag wrapped around it. Came out really good. Be careful, wash and wax when done to make sure you get all the goo gone off, you shouldn't leave that on the paint. I took the decals off all around including the reflectors on the front forks. Those were the hardest becuase the machine finish is easy to scratch. Again BE CAREFUL

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's snowing here so I got bored and took my decals off too, hot air gun, goo gone, and washed it of with soap and water. No problem, just wish it would stop snowing.

·
Registered
782 Posts
A note on the last step...

Make sure to wash AND wax the bike when finished. The Goo Gone / adhesive remover, whatever you use will, not only take the glue off, it removes all the wax too. So now your paint is naked to the sun and UV damage as well as acid rain, etc. Any time you use a cleaner like this you must wax that area when you are done. Or in a couple years you may notice the paint starting to fade in that area worse than the rest of the bike.

PS- It is probably a good idea to wash the bike before you start as well to keep from grinding any road grime into the paint while removing the glue.

·
Banned
228 Posts
awesome thread! I was about to ask the same thing cause if i rest my leg against the bike, my knee hits the emblem and its very uncomfortable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts