Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about installing a tank bib,just wondering if there are any comments good or bad..and which one do you consider the best one to get.??:)

·
Registered
657 Posts
I put one on Eljay. I really like it. I have one with a pouch to which I ran a 12 volt acc ciggy plug acc. line which works great. It's also good for storing small stuff like chewing gum or bridge farefor the bay area when I ride in that direction. My tank was scratching due to my clumsiness and the bib helps with that as well. If you plan to do it, try to find as many varieties as you can. Beyond that it's all a matter of personal prefeance as to whether or not you do it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I put one on Eljay. I really like it. I have one with a pouch to which I ran a 12 volt acc ciggy plug acc. line which works great. It's also good for storing small stuff like chewing gum or bridge farefor the bay area when I ride in that direction. My tank was scratching due to my clumsiness and the bib helps with that as well. If you plan to do it, try to find as many varieties as you can. Beyond that it's all a matter of personal prefeance as to whether or not you do it.

Nice looking bib RB - where did you get the bar risers. I've been looking for a pair since I put my Mustang seat. The mustang sits just enough different, that it feels like I'm reaching for the bars

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

RB.....Very nice looking bib and bike....I think that after looking at that...I will go ahead and order one.....Thanks very much...:)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Nice looking bib RB - where did you get the bar risers. I've been looking for a pair since I put my Mustang seat. The mustang sits just enough different, that it feels like I'm reaching for the bars
The risers are about an inch and a half. I got them on eBay for about $30 or something like that. I just wanted my bars just a tad bit higher and these worked great.

·
Registered
719 Posts
One thing with bibs like the car bra's is the bib needs to be dried after it gets wet. After an unfortunate mistake on my part I've found that the Kaw paint is soft and of poor quality. The clear coat will eventually let moisture through, and fixing a highly visible spot at least with the Candy Fire Red is impossible. My 07 tank is headed for repainting after my spine fusing heals and I can take it to the paint shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts