Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Oh yes. Mine is an older Joe Rocket one. Small capacity but still, its better than nothing. If I were to start making some very long distance rides, many multi-state ones, then I'd get a larger bag for the ease with which to pack stuff. You just have to remove mine when fueling up.

Today there are a very wide variety of tank bags available. Trust me when I say the magnets are well strong enough for the bag to stay put.

Have fun looking through all the types/designs available.

The only possible negative, potentially, thing I can think of with a magnetic bag is if you are away from the bike someone can walk away with it. But mine (and I'd imagine all of them) has a loop on it where I can run a cable through it to semi-secure it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes Very Convenient

I have 2 motorcycles I keep my insurance card and registration in the Tank bag. Easy to switch from each bike, never leave it on bike unattended take it into my work always.
Cellphone, Keys, Wallet all get put in Tank bag, do not like to ride with anything in my pockets.

Paper clips will scratch your tank remember Magnets

Very Convenient

:nerd::nerd:

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
i've ridden may miles w/ magnetic tank bags. make sure you clean off dust and dirt each time you put it on. watch out especially for little bits of metal (or your key!) that are attracted to the magnets. just a wipe of the tank and bottom of the bag w/ a reasonably clean cloth. otherwise even light dust will scratch or scuff the paint over time.

if it comes w/ a safety strap, use it. if it doesn't have one, get one that does.

if you ride in the rain, get a rain proof bag, or one w/ a rain cover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have pics or brand suggestions. I’ve been looking and haven’t found anything I think looks like it’ll fit nicely in the space below the speedo dial etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Be care full where you put the bag when it is not on the bike. It WILL pickup little metal bits and when you put it on the bike it WILL scratch the paint.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Good point. I just slap mine against my metal garage door or the garage side-door which is also metal. Its happy to hang there vertically or even upside down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts