Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've removed all the reflectors and the "Kawi" badge from my bike but I'm not sure about the tank emblem. Is it just a stick-on or is it built into the tank? Anybody removed them?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I've removed all the reflectors and the "Kawi" badge from my bike but I'm not sure about the tank emblem. Is it just a stick-on or is it built into the tank? Anybody removed them?
It's a stick on... if ya look through the vulcan 900 pics, mine is on there before and after debadge.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine is de-badged also. click on the link for a look see.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
no checmicals please

I'd stter clear of chemicals. Best way is with a hair dryer on warm (heats up the tank and emblem and softens the glue) then you can either use fishing line or dental floss. Sawing action works the best until you can grab hold but keep using the hair dryer.

·
Registered
10 Posts

I debadged mine and I think it looks great. I took my ride out for about 2 hours on a warm day and when I got home I used some dental floss and the emblem peeled right off. The adhesive left on the tank peeled off with just my fingers. Be careful that the front and back ends of the badge don't rub the paint. I used a thin rag to stuff under the ends.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, everyone. It definitely looks better without the tank badges. Much cleaner lines to the tank. I'm gonna do it. I have also taken off the reflectors on the forks. I see some of you have left them. For safety reasons I bought some highly-reflective black tape and put a strip on my forks. Can't even see it unless you look close but lights right up when headlights hit it. Of course, this is an S.E. but there's a great selection of reflective tape out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts