Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Tank badge for 2012 Vulcan Classic

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Nukolator 
#1 ·
Hi folks,
I managed to drop my bike in a slow right hand turn and I’ve banged up the tank badge. Any suggestions on where I can get a replacement? I’ve looked on eBay and Amazon but none of them seem quite right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
G’day Nukolator. That part number for the right side tank emblem is 56062-0811 with a cost of $81.67. Not familiar with the ones from www.aliexpress.com but for $8.99, they just might be a decal. Maybe another member who has had experience with them from that company will comment. Many members like the clean tank look and have removed them. Perhaps some fellow member will chime in and sell you one. Would suggest posting in the Classified Section in the Wanted to Buy or Trade Items forum. Mention your location when posting. Hope this helps.

#11 ·
G’day Nukolator. That part number for the right side tank emblem is 56062-0811 with a cost of $81.67. Not familiar with the ones from www.aliexpress.com but for $8.99, they just might be a decal. Maybe another member who has had experience with them from that company will comment. Many members like the clean tank look and have removed them. Perhaps some fellow member will chime in and sell you one. Would suggest posting in the Classified Section in the Wanted to Buy or Trade Items forum. Mention your location when posting. Hope this helps.

I just bought a set of tank emblem via aliexpress, They cost 13 bucks including shipment fee to Vietnam. They look exactly to the original ones in term of size, quality etc... except for the price - way cheaper $13 vs $81 :) Up to you to decide :)

Attachments

#6 ·
I went ahead and did the removal, clean tank looks great! Dental floss/tape wasn’t strong enough, I’m a beekeeper, so I have stainless steel wire on hand, and that cut through the tape easily. It seems the adhesive on mine was some kind of butyl tape, very gooey! I’ll post a picture in a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.