Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
I managed to drop my bike in a slow right hand turn and I’ve banged up the tank badge. Any suggestions on where I can get a replacement? I’ve looked on eBay and Amazon but none of them seem quite right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
G’day Nukolator. That part number for the right side tank emblem is 56062-0811 with a cost of $81.67. Not familiar with the ones from www.aliexpress.com but for $8.99, they just might be a decal. Maybe another member who has had experience with them from that company will comment. Many members like the clean tank look and have removed them. Perhaps some fellow member will chime in and sell you one. Would suggest posting in the Classified Section in the Wanted to Buy or Trade Items forum. Mention your location when posting. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I might check out the clean tank look, I assume the tape underneath isn’t too hard to remove with some care?

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
You can use dental floss or dental tape and just slowly go along under the emblem. Remove the bulk of the excess foam material with your hands. Then use vegetable oil to remove the remainder of the adhesive. Finish up with a little clean and wax.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went ahead and did the removal, clean tank looks great! Dental floss/tape wasn’t strong enough, I’m a beekeeper, so I have stainless steel wire on hand, and that cut through the tape easily. It seems the adhesive on mine was some kind of butyl tape, very gooey! I’ll post a picture in a bit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Finally got around to taking a photo of the tank minus the badges. One tiny dent from the drop sadly, but such is life!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Nikolator, what is that just under the fuel tank and just above the front cylinder? Is that an air horn?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts