Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got myself a small video cam that records for up to an hour.... ( GoPro )....and made my first riding video with Windows Moviemaker... this is Highway 14 going from Vancouver to Stevenson... 30 stunningly beautiful miles in all the fall color glory. The video is a bit grainy..gotta work on why that is... ??

Annie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Mlla1mD_o

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Very kewl... loved the lake you stopped at in the middle... very beautiful.!! The grain could be from lighting or a need to set the camera for low light... or could also be how the video is transfered to your computer.... but I'm sure you will work the details out soon enough... anyways looks great and what an awesome ride.!!

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I'm guilty!!!.....I'm sitting in my chair with my laptop in my lap, watched this on full screen....caught myself leaning in the curves! LOL! That was really nice. Hope to see more.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL... I rode it and I still lean into the curves when I play it...

the "lake" is the columbia river... from high on the gorge walls.... huge river... :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
I guess I'm abnormal......I didn't lean when I watched it. I was too busy admiring the the colors and being jealous about not having a place like that to ride. I gotta get out of California.

Great first video, Tallannie!!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I didn't lean either... though I did find myself wishing our pipes were a bit louder.. ;) We have rides that look alot like that here in Tennessee... I just wish I were able to make them this fall.... guess next year will just have to do :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you!

and I recommend Oregon.... but there are a zillion lovely rides in California too of course...:)

I guess I'm abnormal......I didn't lean when I watched it. I was too busy admiring the the colors and being jealous about not having a place like that to ride. I gotta get out of California.

Great first video, Tallannie!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Thank you!

and I recommend Oregon.... but there are a zillion lovely rides in California too of course...:)
You are right of course, but I've ridden them so many times I would really like to see something new. I'd love to come up to your neck of the woods next summer or fall and see that scenery for real.

Of course being down here has it's good points also. I get to ride (almost) year round. :D

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I'd not trade where I am for any place on the earth... Tennessee has great riding, 4 season (which I like all of them for their own beauty), and down to earth people... when all else fails in the cold... put on more gear and ride :D

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'd not trade where I am for any place on the earth... Tennessee has great riding, 4 season (which I like all of them for their own beauty), and down to earth people... when all else fails in the cold... put on more gear and ride :D
I agree Musicman......I have live in California almost all my life but I have spent time in and around the south eastern US and I loved it. I have several years left in my working life and I am sorely tempted to haul butt for somewhere east of here in my retirement years. I'd love four seasons and an occasional tornado. Look for a black V2K with a partially bald guy up front and a red headed woman on the back in 2012!!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I agree Musicman......I have live in California almost all my life but I have spent time in and around the south eastern US and I loved it. I have several years left in my working life and I am sorely tempted to haul butt for somewhere east of here in my retirement years. I'd love four seasons and an occasional tornado. Look for a black V2K with a partially bald guy up front and a red headed woman on the back in 2012!!
We'll be waiting with bells on... and hopefully by then we'll lead the way across the Dragon and to where to find some good eats too :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
HI, Nice video, you were only 5 miles from my house, I cant seem to make that ride without stopping at the Cape Horn View and looking at the river and Beacon Rock in the distance., I was suprised at how little vibration. I expected it to be choppier, How did you mount the cam,, I d like to get one myself.

we are gonna HAVE to get together for a Ride!!!! , Take Care
Rick

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sure ! I bet you know all the good roads up that way ....

I had the GoPro camera with a wrist strap setup...so I put if over the right mirror and cinched it down. Moved the mirror pointing the camera directly forward (couldnt use the mirror during that time). it is a bit cushioned and worked well. The case lends itself to putting velcro on it too..considered velcroing it to the windshield next time.

I would get the HD camera if I did it again.... the video quality is even better...

HI, Nice video, you were only 5 miles from my house, I cant seem to make that ride without stopping at the Cape Horn View and looking at the river and Beacon Rock in the distance., I was suprised at how little vibration. I expected it to be choppier, How did you mount the cam,, I d like to get one myself.

we are gonna HAVE to get together for a Ride!!!! , Take Care
Rick

·
Registered
77 Posts
HI, thanks, I went to the GoPro site and was wondering about the HD cam. Now i just have to decide,,, Pipes, the cam, or more Hay for the horses. LOL,, Course just like kids, the horses come first. Been craving a Burger from the Helvatia Tavern for awhile. Maybe Someday ....... Take Care, And Ride Safe.
Rick

1 - 20 of 32 Posts