Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 6'5" and 200 lbs and having a hard time finding riding jackets that fit. Where do the tall people get their gear?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I've looked through that site... slim pickins'. Just trying to find a decent selection that will fit.

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick google search for big and tall motorcycle gear turned up a bunch of stuff. These were the first two hits.

Men's Big and Tall Motorcycle Riding Gear - Chaparral Motorsports

https://www.revzilla.com/big-tall-motorcycle-gear
Right, I guess I should've worded my initial post a little differently. I've spent hours on google and I've seen all those sites, and browsed trough their inventory, I am just curious as to where my fellow tall Vulcan riders are personally getting their gear.

I don't know which sites are price gouging, or sell cheap stuff, or whatever... I am more looking for personal recommendations. Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am your height but have a few more pounds on you and am in the same boat. I have a leather jacket, but that came from a custom leather shop in Canada, probably not that much help for you!

I prefer riding in a textile/mesh jacket anyways, what with the heat here in the south. I've found Joe Rocket to be a great brand for tall/bigger sizes. My dad, who is closer to your build, bought one as well.

I commute year round and am currently rocking this one:
PHOENIX ION ? Joe Rocket

I use a heated jacket liner in the winter, but honestly this is the best deal I could find for what I wanted out of a jacket. I think I bought it from revzilla, ultimately. Their return policy is top notch.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am your height but have a few more pounds on you and am in the same boat. I have a leather jacket, but that came from a custom leather shop in Canada, probably not that much help for you!

I prefer riding in a textile/mesh jacket anyways, what with the heat here in the south. I've found Joe Rocket to be a great brand for tall/bigger sizes. My dad, who is closer to your build, bought one as well.

I commute year round and am currently rocking this one:
PHOENIX ION ? Joe Rocket

I use a heated jacket liner in the winter, but honestly this is the best deal I could find for what I wanted out of a jacket. I think I bought it from revzilla, ultimately. Their return policy is top notch.

Hope this helps.
Thanks brother. I really appreciate the insight!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts